Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Squishy face

I'm sort of amused by how bothered you are by the "PDA". I live with a married couple, and not only do I see "PDA" on a daily basis, ever rare now and again I hear other certain activities taking place. XD Sometimes when you live with people you just have to deal with annoying things.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Well, you said you're awake at 3am.... would you rather them do it when you're trying to sleep?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
Sometimes when you live with people you just have to deal with annoying things.
Yes, that's why most people pay their dues, grow up, and seclude themselves like hermits with only spouses and children to argue with. lol we don't love the elevated costs after living with five people and then one but living with none is so worth it now. :P
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Yeah, it's very hard to get an apartment with no stable income.

We needed 400-600 credit score, income proof, and a 400$ security deposit(higher with lower credit) plus 500 for our dogs.
Exactly. You need credit history- without it you will be denied. Period. You need proof of income as well. And they require application fees and deposits per person in this area. Even though I had proof of income well above the national average, I had to have a cosigner with a well-established credit history to get my apartment.

Since I don't know how the apartment market is in Stephy's exact location, I'm not going to immediately assume this is a falsehood. . . perhaps just another chapter in an increasingly far-fetched tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilliesMom View Post
And if the definition of Studio IS "one big-tush room and a bathroom", being in the kitchen area might just be as private as they can get, short of tying up the bathroom for God-knows-how-long (and the germophobe part of me is shrieking "EWW! EWW! EWWWWW!!!!")
The only definition of a studio apartment is just that. . . a studio. Which you'd know if you went apartment shopping. It's not like there's another definition of "studio" to mix it up with.

Quote:
Wikipedia:
United Kingdom
In British usage, a studio flat has its own bathroom; a single room with cooking facilities. On the other hand, if a dwelling has a shared bathroom, it is known as a bedsit.
United States
A variation common in New York City is the "L-shaped" or "alcove" studio, in which the central room branches off into a small alcove that can be used for sleeping or dining.
Canada
Bachelor apartment, or simply "bachelor," is the common term in English Canada for any single room dwelling unit which is not a shared accommodation. A shared room, or particularly small bachelor, is sometimes referred to as a "bachelorette."
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Felurian

It varies.

If renting required all that here most of the rentals would be empty.

Here you don't even need an indication that you're in the country legally in many instances.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm not sure where being legal is ever an issue, provide I.D. and a job history, which you can as a nonresident, and a credit score, plus deposits, etc and you're golden.

Point being, if its easy, why share?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
such sights to show you

Why can't you just talk to your roommate about it? Sitting and stewing about it isn't going to solve anything.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
The only definition of a studio apartment is just that. . . a studio. Which you'd know if you went apartment shopping. It's not like there's another definition of "studio" to mix it up with.
You got me, I'm Canadian and I haven't shopped for an apartment for over 20 years. Never heard of a bachelor apartment being called a studio. Sounds like something a landlord would call it to up the rent a few bucks.

Huh, learn something new every day, I guess.

In the end they're sharing a room. She's his girlfriend, she's not going away. It will never be quiet enough or private enough.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Obey the Toad.

It really depends on the rental and WHO you are renting from here. Often a private landlord is less strict than a complex, and with the complex it varies as to the scale of the complex. The lower income apartments are often much less strict than the more upscale ones.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
It really depends on the rental and WHO you are renting from here. Often a private landlord is less strict than a complex, and with the complex it varies as to the scale of the complex. The lower income apartments are often much less strict than the more upscale ones.
This, and vice versa in some cases, too. When we first moved here we tried getting into several lower income apartments. We were denied because we "made too much money". We ended up paying around $700 for a one bedroom + utilities and no parking. Not to mention it wasn't exactly a well-kept apartment. Spiders, ants, broken windows, etc. They didn't want anything from us other than a very easy to pass credit check.

Totally depends on the area.