Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, the rottweiler in your avatar is really beautiful, Rottiegirl. I sort of would like to know where he comes from to since it's a really beautiful dog, rottiegirl. Since he's just so beautiful and adorable. I can't make you tell either. It would be nice to know, though.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
RedyreRottweilers

No reply?

Old 03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Top Dog

Vee have Vays of making you talk!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
RedyreRottweilers

heh heh
Old 03-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Twin 2.0

She sorta mentioned it on the previous page...pretty much came out of someone's backyard. Lucky shot?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
RedyreRottweilers

That dog did not come out of someone's back yard on a lucky shot.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Twin 2.0

I know, but for all the information given, he may as well have. If he was from a good kennel, I'd be telling everyone about it. But that's just me.

Conversely, I think I saw the worst put together Rottie ever today. Had legs like a Dane and a head that was totally smooth (no wrinkles at all) with a very smoothed-out stop...almost looked like the majority of the BYB lab heads today.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Dobiegurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
I have to say that rotties have way more muscle mass than dobes. You might be able to see the dobermans muscles better, because their fur is shorter than a rotties. The dobes that I have seen are pretty slender and I never really noticed much muscle. In my opinion, rotties are more intimidating, because they are twice the size of a dobe, and their head/muzzle is bigger.
I meant that Dobies are more toned with their muscles. I like thin dogs with muscles. Alot of people are more familiar with Rotts because they always run up to and say oh that rott is beautiful assuming that is what Chico is. Rotts are twice the size weight wise and definately have more mass I wouldn't say muscle mass though but I don't think that they are as intimidating as the Doberman. Rotts look fat to me and don't look like they can run as fast as a tall lean Dobie. I really do not like the structure of the rott but thats my opinion. I have seen some good looking rotts before but people stive to make their rott really think and it just doesn't look right in my opinion. And their head and muzzle look like a cute stuffed animal you can cuddle with, not intimiding. They have shorter legs and more mass that doesn't allow them to run as fast as Dobies and I want a dog that can catch the bad guy. Don't get me wrong I've seen some really fat Dobies before that were a disgrace to my breed. But in reality I would fear any dog chasing me.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 AM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
Rottiegirl, as a fan and eternal student of the breed, it's in my best interest to know who that dog is because he is SO lovely.

He has a head type that is needed in our Gene pool. So not only am I interested in knowing who he is, I'm interested in looking at his pedigree to see where he comes from.

A head that beautiful should really be appreciated. Knowing where it came from would be beneficial in looking at a long term breeding program.

That's why.

I don't understand why you don't wish to say, but if you choose not to, nothing I can do about it.

I have no hidden agenda.

I'd just like to know who the dog is for the above reasons.
Well since you called me "evasive" last time, I thought you suspected me of stealing the picture. Like I said before, the man responsible of producing that dog quit breeding when his father passed away. If I had the ped, I would certainly give it to you, but I just dont have it .
Old 03-06-2006, 01:19 AM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
She sorta mentioned it on the previous page...pretty much came out of someone's backyard. Lucky shot?
How do you figure that he just came out of someones back yard? I honestly posted everything that I knew. I wish I knew more...