Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Default Argentine Dogo

My Cousin is getting one!!! I have allways been interested in the breed, and was going to get one myself, except I want to show CKC and they are not reconised. Well, he's getting one for a pet on his farm.

Best thing is He's going to pay for agility classes and let me take him. The puppy arrives in 2 days, from argentina.

I've never seen one up close

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Love my pets

Please post a pic when you get to see the new pup. This is so exciting.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
My Cousin is getting one!!! I have allways been interested in the breed, and was going to get one myself, except I want to show CKC and they are not reconised. Well, he's getting one for a pet on his farm.

Best thing is He's going to pay for agility classes and let me take him. The puppy arrives in 2 days, from argentina.

I've never seen one up close
I have they are soooooooooooooo cute. they were still puppies though but they were big puppies. they are cute and active aww. I have been looking up things about them for 2 years now.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Keeper of a Corso & Saint

That's great.. I have always liked this breed..

BUT.. your cousin does realize that this breed is also a very dominant breed (just like the Cane Corso). They will need socialization and obedience training from the start..

Does he have experience with dogs of this caliber?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
BUT.. your cousin does realize that this breed is also a very dominant breed (just like the Cane Corso). They will need socialization and obedience training from the start..

Does he have experience with dogs of this caliber?
He does. He has been raised with CC's and other dogs like it since he was born. His family used to do weght pulling with pitts. His current CC died last month. He's always wanted a Dogo, so he put his name on a waiting list because he knew his CC was dieing (cancer).

Personally I dont have experiance with the breed or CC's. BUT I am workign with a good trainer who has 2 CC's at home and does agility with a Rottie. So as far as that goes I will have alot of suport. But the dog isnt mine.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Dobiegurl

I wanted a Dogo so bad but I was not ready for such a dominant dog. When I grow up (16 years old now) I plan on getting one.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
F150 and a .30-06

He arrived today. I am going to see him on Monday since I have the show this weekend.

I would love a dogo, but again Im not ready. Maybe in a year or so after working with this dog.

I will post pics soon

Old 03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Fila Love

That is so exciting, I can't wait to see pictures.