Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

2013 is the year of the American Staffordshire puppy in the Smith household!!! Wahh!! I cannot wait.

Future puppy is going to be the second pick female and I have high hopes for her. Hopefully she will be a confirmation, weight pull, dock diving, or rally prospect (or all of those things!)

Honestly, I'm very open to whatever future puppy may excel at. My current dog is very laid back and an easy keeper. I've never had the opportunity to own a sport prospect and am very much looking forward to it.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I played with my sister's puppy (or, the puppy she currently has in her possession, anyway...how long it stays there...) today for about half an hour.

Oh. My. God.

I want a puppy. He reeked of puppy breath, he toddled around like a cute tiny thing, he feel asleep and wouldn't wake up for nothing, he investigated everything, he followed us around, he responded to us calling him, he played with a toy, he pottied outside and not on my floor, he let me play with his feet and ears and flip him over on his back and cradle him like a baby, he held perfectly still for his nail trim, he mouthed at everything, he said hi to the rats and Dameon, he said hi to Cooper...and did I mention he smelled like PUPPY BREATH?!?!?!

Puppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppy.

Bring on 3am potty breaks, chewed up shoes, soiled carpets, crying in the crate, pulling on the leash, chewing on body parts, and being a holy terror...I'm ready for it! PUPPY!!!!!

Summer/fall needs to hurry up and get here. I need one of these:

I mean, seriously:

Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM

Super maybe potential future dam of Future Puppy:

Ch. Caladonia's Annie Oakley

Breeding plans are for fall of 2013. Sire unknown as of yet. But her temperament sounds like just what I want, she's gorgeous, and she's brown. I'm hoping that I'll be happy with the stud that's picked and I've finally found my breeding. Because I want this search to be over, already!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Lab Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Super maybe potential future dam of Future Puppy:

Ch. Caladonia's Annie Oakley

Breeding plans are for fall of 2013. Sire unknown as of yet. But her temperament sounds like just what I want, she's gorgeous, and she's brown. I'm hoping that I'll be happy with the stud that's picked and I've finally found my breeding. Because I want this search to be over, already!
Is that a chessie? What made you change to chessie over lab?

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
It's a well written, fun, informative book.
That said, it is very obviously marketed for performance puppies so much of it seems a bit lost on me lol I find myself skipping quite a few pages/stories all about agility pups

Sounds good to me! I want to do freestyle disc with future BC puppy, so that's totally up my alley.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
Is that a chessie? What made you change to chessie over lab?
Yup, she's a Chessie.

Lab is still a possibility, but I was having a very, very hard time finding a Lab breeder that was breeding what I wanted type-wise. I also think I'd really like a more discriminating, protective dog and although both of my prior Labs fit the bill quite well, most Labs I meet don't. I've had much better luck with my Chessie breeder search than I have my Lab, so it looks like a Chessie may be it. The Chessie breeder I'm in contact with also breeds Labs, and there is a local Lab breeder whose son brings his dogs into the clinic, so I still have options for a Lab...but I think I'm going to go with a Chessie.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Well, the deed is done, so hopefully we will have a litter of little Finkie babies within the next 60 days

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 12-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkie_mom View Post
well, the deed is done, so hopefully we will have a litter of little finkie babies within the next 60 days :d
yay yay yay yay yay!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Yup, she's a Chessie.

Lab is still a possibility, but I was having a very, very hard time finding a Lab breeder that was breeding what I wanted type-wise. I also think I'd really like a more discriminating, protective dog and although both of my prior Labs fit the bill quite well, most Labs I meet don't. I've had much better luck with my Chessie breeder search than I have my Lab, so it looks like a Chessie may be it. The Chessie breeder I'm in contact with also breeds Labs, and there is a local Lab breeder whose son brings his dogs into the clinic, so I still have options for a Lab...but I think I'm going to go with a Chessie.
I saw a chessie today. SOOOO much nicer shape than the fat waddling show labs.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Well, the deed is done, so hopefully we will have a litter of little Finkie babies within the next 60 days
YAY!!!
Cannot wait to see these puppies!