Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Beagle Bailey

Loved all of the pictures...thanks. But, I especially LOVED the last one. How precious her showing her love for the little one. What a wonderful Mommy she will be.

[
Old 02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Twin 2.0

Those are just darling! I really like the black one with the most white on its (her?) head. She's going to be a looker when she gets a bit older!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:10 PM
My pets love me they do

Ahhhh how precious, looks like momma has found her special one....
Old 02-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Those are just darling! I really like the black one with the most white on its (her?) head. She's going to be a looker when she gets a bit older!
Yes, she is a sassy little one too. She was squirming and wiggling all the way out, and when mom broke that bag, she was a squealing! She crawled her way past the 2 boys born ahead of her, and grabbed a nipple! She will actually wag her tail when she is nursing, and if she cannot get to a nipple, screams and yells until she gets one, and she kneads ciciously like a cat! The male, w/ the mask on, he is a violent "sucker" he is twisting Dixies nipple and turning and tugging so hard, man....chillax..........

Old 02-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Twin 2.0

A girl after my own heart! My school nickname, the one that got put on all the shirts was "Sassy". I think you just named her.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Please please please, I am begging you, for the sake of the puppies, get her out of that cage.

If you do not get her out of the cage, you are going to have dead puppies.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Felurian

Beautiful pups, and that last photo is a real winner. Sounds like that pup has much the same type of personality my Shiva has . . . look out

But please, Grammy and Redyre have really given you some sterling counsel - and they've done this a few times . . . You can bet I'm going to be asking them a zillion questions when it's my grrrrls turn . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-20-2006, 07:20 PM
But please, call me Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl
I have a kidney, or multiple kidney stones, I feel like Im the one in labor now......this sucks!!
Been there, done that, still own the t-shirt and it's not fun.
Hope the stone(s) pass quickly!!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

Red~I HEAR YOU, sorry, been busy and in pain, she has been ousted from the cage since last night. She is not adapting well, but will have to get over it!

My problem now is that she wants to lay ON TOP of them. They will all be sleeping peacefully, and she will look at them, then flop right smack on top of them. Ive got to pull them out. I try to correct her, she wont listen. She acts like a chicken, not a dog! HELP!!!

Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 PM
RedyreRottweilers

You made a serious mistake by disregarding my advice and not putting her in the whelping box BEFORE she had the puppies.

Puppies are less than one week old. At NO TIME should she EVER stand up that someone is not there to HELP her. At NO TIME should she lie down with her puppies that someone is not there to HELP her. If I were having that issue, each time she had to get up, I would put puppies in a basket, and return them to her after she was lying down.

Unfortunately, the needs of the bitch and the puppies don't end because you are sick. Maybe your boyfriend, who engineered this breeding, could take a little responsibility at this time when you need help.

I cannot express how TERRIBLY IMPORTANT it is for someone to BE THERE with bitches for the first week when they are acclimating to puppies, even bitches who are not maidens.

SOme bitches get very anxious when they are away from the box, even for a few minutes, and they rush back into the box, and want to cape over the puppies, and so may lie on them and accidentally crush them. I routinely pick up puppies and put them in a basket when the bitch is out of the box, and when she gets back in and settled, I put them back with her.