Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 02-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy
Gave her a tour...
You know showed her where her food and water dish were, sat with her for awhile there so she would know where that was if she got thirsty.
Then LOTS of love. So she could adjust well and know we loved her
Elissa

Ooooh Very good idea. *scribbles it down on the notepad of notes I've been taking from this site*

LOL

One black morning
When this life is over
I know, I'll see your face.
I'm Sorry.
Janga RIP Jan 22 2006

Old 02-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

I took them outside right away, then left them to explore while keeping an eye on them.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Quigleyfied

Took him outside to show him where to go potty, and then introduced him to the cats.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Let her go to the loo outside, then took her into the kitchen, which was 'her' space to begin with.

Showed her her bed, water etc then just sat on the floor and watched her!!!

She wanted to play, so we played for a bit, then she crashed out and snoozed!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Beagle Bailey

When I first brought Bailey home, he was so calm and almost seemed sedated. So all he did was cuddle. So I set up his food/crate area and showed him everything, then we cuddled on the couch for the rest of the evening. He also had his first meal when we got home b/c we had had a very long day by that time.

[
Old 02-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Brought Boone inside, then straight to the backdoor for potty time. Always good to start nice habits early. Then back inside so we could watch him and figure out what his name was. We played, he got a tour of him new home, and then I called friends over to meet him, but only a few since I didn't want to scare him. He fell asleep.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Well with Hannah I basically introduced her to the other dogs, found a crate small enough to fit her, and then watched her and let her explore and took her outside every so often.

With Holly we took her to the petstore to get a bath and new toys right away. When we got home we let her meet Hannah outside first thing, then I took her inside and showed her her toys and food and water bowl, I fed the girls and then we all played and snuggled and had a good time.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

Shippo arrived at my airport from Canada. I brought him home in his crate, sat it down, and opened the door and let him sit in it until he felt like coming out. When he came out I took him outside in the back yard and we walked around. No pottying, so I brough him back in and stuck him back in the crate (potty training started on day 1 lol). Then I fed him in there since it had been a long trip.

Afterwards, I gave him a bath, as he'd had an accident during the flight. The people in customs cleaned his crate for me before I got there, but Shippo was stinky lmao...

I carried him to the store when he was dry, and got his leash and collar (didn't put him on the ground though). Then we went home and I took some pictures.

Err... that's about it on the first day.

Eevee
14-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Puppy Dog

we let kavik explore & meet other dogs, by the 2nd day he was like this with mishka my 2 yr bitch, they are inseperable now& always playing around together

Old 02-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Puppy Dog

I picked up my Cane Corso from the airport and on the way home she sat on my lap chewing a braided bully stick. Once home I let her loose, but I was beside her the whole time and she stayed in the sun room.