Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
The ultrasound has been done...No puppies.

Boo.

She is going to have another potential litter with one of her bitches due in June, but I was really hoping for a pup from the other crossing. Now I guess I get to do more pedigree/breeder research and figure out what else will be available.

*sigh*
I'm sorry.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:

Boo.

She is going to have another potential litter with one of her bitches due in June, but I was really hoping for a pup from the other crossing. Now I guess I get to do more pedigree/breeder research and figure out what else will be available.

*sigh*
Did you happen to ask if she'd be trying the breeding you wanted a pup out of again?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:

Boo.

*sigh*
I'm sorry, hopefully you'll come across another litter you really like.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Did you happen to ask if she'd be trying the breeding you wanted a pup out of again?
Not yet. I am *really* hoping for a pup around the June/July time frame, just because it would work out SO well timing wise in terms of my schedule. If I can't find anything else I'll ask her if she'll try a repeat breeding, but I'd rather not wait that long if I can find something else I'd be equally happy with.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Boo.

*sigh*
Sorry Been through this more times than I wanted to.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Well, I've contacted my "back up" breeder, as well as a breeder with a stud who was recommended to me by a friend of Stardogs.

So, we'll see! I'm hoping one of these plays out and I'm happy with my choice. The right pup has to be out there somewhere!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Well, I've contacted my "back up" breeder, as well as a breeder with a stud who was recommended to me by a friend of Stardogs.

So, we'll see! I'm hoping one of these plays out and I'm happy with my choice. The right pup has to be out there somewhere!
Good luck!

I'm really hoping I don't get the same news...ultrasound should be happening pretty quick here! Fingers crossed for lots of puppies.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I hope everything works out for you as well. I've been in the waiting game as well and had to deal with two pregnancy that did not turn out, so yes it sucks. I should be hearing pretty soon if this ma'ma is knocked up or not. Lets hope she is knocked up with lots of babies.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I hear you guys on how disappointing it is to be waiting for a litter and there are no puppies. It's definitely hard and especially if you've allowed yourself to get excited (which I know we all try to not get excited but sometimes can't help it) can be heartbreaking.

Small comforts but the right dog will be there at the right time, not always on our schedule or where we expect them to come from. I've said it before, Payton is not what I expected, but he was the right dog for me and I know I was the right home for him! He almost went to a pet home. That poor unsuspecting home LOL.

I hope you all get your perfect puppies soon!!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I hear you guys on how disappointing it is to be waiting for a litter and there are no puppies. It's definitely hard and especially if you've allowed yourself to get excited (which I know we all try to not get excited but sometimes can't help it) can be heartbreaking.
So true... and it is equally, if not more difficult for the breeder. I have now had three breedings not take, and honestly the pain of telling buyers that there are no puppies is really, really awful. Heartbreaking. And when you consider the time, money, passion... that went into that litter... its just awful. I HATE the so many good breeders have such crap luck getting dogs pregnant when these stupid BYBs seem to have no trouble at all with it.

I'm so sorry that the litter didn't work out for you, blackrose.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?