Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

I'm keeping a stiff upper lip through it all. As long as fuzzy-red-head stays happy and positive, so will I. He's laying outside on a snow drift at -5F right now... absolutely loves it. But I need to MAKE him come inside and go to bed on our warm-warm bed (mine) or he would stay out there all night! He loves the cold weather, believe it or not. And he's not even an outside dog... He's slept in his Mamma's bed every night since a pup...
Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Top Dog

Hi, everyone. Today was Eli's first chemo treatment. Took him in at 8 this morning and getting ready to leave and pick the baby up. The vet will discuss everything with me at 3. He's on the COP protocol -- Cyclophosphamide, Prednisone, and the injection of Vincristine is what he gets at the clinic. The vet said the next 48 hours are crucial in knowing of reactions, etc. And to watch for red pee. That would be bad. He's on 7 weeks of therapy. I'll let you know how he's doing...
Amy + Eli + Hunter
Old 01-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

Hi ElinHunter,

I hope the treatments are successful, and Eli will be as good as new after they are over.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

Default Eli's home!

He was so cute and happy when I picked him up! Vet said it went very well. No allergic reactions, etc. Got him home and he was SO THIRSTY. Then kind of walked around a bit then zonked out BIG TIME snoring and everything. Hunter was beside himself to have his brother back. He just moped around all day until Eli came back. Then wanted to just play - play - play with me while Eli was sleeping. Now Eli's up again, went outside to enjoy the cold and snow for a bit, now back in, and Hunter and Eli are kissing on each other and cleaning each others' ears. Precious moments...

So far so good, I guess! I hope Eli has his appetite. I'll know in a bit at suppertime...
Old 01-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Felurian

We're with you and your guys, Amy!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
We're with you and your guys, Amy!
Thanks, Renee! He was very hungry and ate all his supper! Zonked out again. Will pot him in about an hour then load him in my bed for the night!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Felurian

Hungry is good. Good food and plenty of sleep will help his body do what it needs to do in order to fight this.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

That is great that he has handled the 1st treatment so well! And you know when they have an appetite they are feeling pretty good. Thanks for the updates!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

He's out in his snow drift again.... feeling pretty good. Need to beg him in for beddies. Supposed to get more snow tonight... which he will love (not that he's an outside dog, he just loves the cold and the snow when he's out)! I'm going to come home at lunch and check on him tomorrow and to let him out. Thanks for all the support, you all. I'll keep you posted...
Amy + Eli + Hunter
Old 01-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Top Dog

Sounds like you and Eli are on the right track !!! We're behind you all they way!