Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

This might be an unpopular opinion, but, Stefy - you might want to look into doing some kind of fetish parties (like foot fetish). They're sketchy and the guys at the parties are sometimes REALLY creepy, but if you're careful it's way safer than prostitution , and probably less unpleasant. It doesn't pay as much, but the money isn't bad at all, and some places do try hard to keep the girls who work for them safe.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
But this is a false dichotomy. It's not "either you believe the story or you are withholding sympathy and caring." I believe Stephy is in a great deal of pain and I am sympathetic to it, I just really have a hard time believing all the things I've read here and I refuse to feed into the escalatingly bizarre stories.
I see. But you don't have to believe it. And you don't have to feed into it if you don't.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
This might be an unpopular opinion, but, Stefy - you might want to look into doing some kind of fetish parties (like foot fetish). They're sketchy and the guys at the parties are sometimes REALLY creepy, but if you're careful it's way safer than prostitution , and probably less unpleasant. It doesn't pay as much, but the money isn't bad at all, and some places do try hard to keep the girls who work for them safe.
No offense, but I think Steph is too vulnerable to be exposed to creepy guys and sketchy work. One thing can lead to another and she'll be right back into the company of low brows. There are too many other viable options, imo.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-05-2012, 06:25 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
I see. But you don't have to believe it. And you don't have to feed into it if you don't.
Ok, we're not in disagreement?

Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
No offense, but I think Steph is too vulnerable to be exposed to creepy guys and sketchy work. One thing can lead to another and she'll be right back into the company of low brows. There are too many other viable options, imo.
She's currently working as a prostitute. And people on here have been sending her links and references and giving her advice on how to get help for weeks and weeks, and it hasn't worked. She's not going to stop because strangers on the internet told her she's too vulnerable to be a hooker, or because someone's sent her a link to free mental health care or a lawyer.

And IMO a legal job standing in a back room at a club with a bunch of other women wearing high heels so that a bunch of creepy men can jack off while staring at their feet is safer than going somewhere alone to illegally sell sex to them.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Felurian

In the other thread Stephy's already said she doesn't think she's going to be pursuing this work any farther.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Ok, we're not in disagreement?
I have no idea. I'm too confused most of the time.

Yes Milo...she is saying she doesn't plan to go back to it tonight. I still think Steph needs to stand for something. And that something needs to be healthy. Not a little bit less unhealthy. But healthy. It will help her self esteem and give her some incentive to climb out of this hole. Working in a place like what you describe, imo, isn't going to do the trick. (oops, pardon the pun)

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
This. I cannot even believe there are people on here supporting this. McDonald's is always hiring. I am sincerely disgusted by the support given of her choice. I'm still edging on the hope that it's not true.
What else can you do other than support it? Living at a women's shelter and doing menial jobs are "below" her. The psychiatric facility was "deplorable" because they expected her to change her own sheets and didn't provide room service for meals. No need for anyone to get pissed over me saying so, because these are things she's written herself. But then, I'm not buying the aforementioned "improbable series of ever-escalating events." I would encourage people to use their analytical mind rather than their emotional/nurturing one. How well do any of us, including those directly aiding her, know this person? For all anyone knows, Stephy herself could be the one with a warrant out for her arrest and needed to stash her dog while she bounces from place to place. I'm not necessarily posing that situation as anything I personally believe to be fact, but how do any of us know it's not? The only thing I'll agree to believe until proven otherwise is that this person is in serious need of mental health services.

If somehow all of this IS true, women's shelters in BC, at least the ones I know of, are very nice, very supportive places. You have *no* need to spend any money while you're staying there - the kitchen is always stocked, toiletries and clothing are provided, and you have your own room. Social workers are available 24/7 if you need assistance, counseling or simply someone to talk to, and to set you up with additional resources. Local stores and organizations donate items to decorate or use in your own home once you leave the shelter. It's a secure, safe place for women in need to get back on their feet. Call and tell the staff (available by phone 24/7) that you need a place to stay, and you'll have it. You may have to go to a different city, but that will give you 30 days to find a job, find a place, and save every dollar to put towards making a life for yourself. Oh - you will have to do one chore a day to contribute to the house, though. And cook every now and then. And make your own bed. But that's because it's not a hotel, it's a temporary home. There is absolutely no reason for you to be prostituting yourself unless you: a) enjoy it b) want to punish yourself or c) are full of sh**.

ETA: http://www.elizabethfry.com/
Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
What else can you do other than support it? Living at a women's shelter and doing menial jobs are "below" her. The psychiatric facility was "deplorable" because they expected her to change her own sheets and didn't provide room service for meals. No need for anyone to get pissed over me saying so, because these are things she's written herself. But then, I'm not buying the aforementioned "improbable series of ever-escalating events." I would encourage people to use their analytical mind rather than their emotional/nurturing one. How well do any of us, including those directly aiding her, know this person? For all anyone knows, Stephy herself could be the one with a warrant out for her arrest and needed to stash her dog while she bounces from place to place. I'm not necessarily posing that situation as anything I personally believe to be fact, but how do any of us know it's not? The only thing I'll agree to believe until proven otherwise is that this person is in serious need of mental health services.

If somehow all of this IS true, women's shelters in BC, at least the ones I know of, are very nice, very supportive places. You have *no* need to spend any money while you're staying there - the kitchen is always stocked, toiletries and clothing are provided, and you have your own room. Social workers are available 24/7 if you need assistance, counseling or simply someone to talk to, and to set you up with additional resources. Local stores and organizations donate items to decorate or use in your own home once you leave the shelter. It's a secure, safe place for women in need to get back on their feet. Call and tell the staff (available by phone 24/7) that you need a place to stay, and you'll have it. You may have to go to a different city, but that will give you 30 days to find a job, find a place, and save every dollar to put towards making a life for yourself. Oh - you will have to do one chore a day to contribute to the house, though. And cook every now and then. And make your own bed. But that's because it's not a hotel, it's a temporary home. There is absolutely no reason for you to be prostituting yourself unless you: a) enjoy it b) want to punish yourself or c) are full of sh**.

ETA: http://www.elizabethfry.com/
Pretty much that.

We're not talking some tiny run down town with one shelter and a church, this is a huge area with a lot of places willing to help out.

http://www.bchousing.org/Options/Emergency_Housing/ESP
http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/financial-aid.aspx
http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/...e-housing.aspx
http://vancouver.ca/files/cov/servic...n-eastside.pdf

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Puppy Dog

For someone who has access to internet who is desperately wanting a job, she has more time posting on a dog forum instead of JOB BANK website.

I am actually very surprised that she announced on a public forum that she is going to work the trade, if I am not mistaken in one post, she even mentioned the place and time where she is going to work, and said feel free to look her up AS IF this kind of job isnt high risk already, let's put the ante up by "LETTING PEOPLE KNOW WHERE AND WHEN I WORK". This is disturbing. In many ways.

THERE ARE CHOICES. In Canada, we are quite spoiled with everything that is handed to us, support wise. Health care, shelters and job bank that helps people WHO ARE REALLY looking for a job find one.

Easy money is what you want. And if everything you wrote here is true, your choices have consequences. But if you are just making things up to play on people's emotions and feelings, that is just horrible.