Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Yes, go to a vet b/c my mom's dog had that happen and her problem turned out to be a very low thyroid problem in which she now has to be on medicine. It could be any number of reasons for your dog.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

If she has recently had puppies I have heard quite a few times that many times they will start to lose their coats afterwards. In fact I read quite a few postings somewhere else that the breeders have pre-pup pictures available of the mother so that when people come to see the pups they can see how good the mother's coat usually looks and not think that her current condition is normal and what the potential buyers are going to be getting with their puppies. Perhaps if you just give your vet a call he can confirm whether or not this might be the case with Chloe.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Island dweller

Yes, call your vet. Hair loss is, usually, a hormonal thing whether from pregnancy or another cause. It's best to be sure.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

What kind of breed is it? I know that Chihuahua tend to shed alot more than other doggies.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 AM

I'm betting it's a hormonal problem, too. Just throwing this out there...but I have actually run the hose of my little shop vac over my dogs. They like it..and loose hair is GONE in a blink. I know for women, such hair loss is normal. Wonder if there isn't a supplement vitamin she could be taking? Will be checking back to see what is recommended.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Felurian

Dena! What have you found out about Chloe's hair loss?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian