Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm All Ears

We had 6 for a couple times. 6 is too many for me but it was doable. The only issues were health (old dogs then Hiro's problems) and then Ada being totally untrained.

One thing I will comment on is the 'it's okay if you don't have high energy dogs'. Paps can have quite a lot of energy so I wouldn't assume this dog will necessarily be a 'chill' dog. But not all are like that. You could have 6 Roses very very easily without doing much at all. Having 6 Mias would drive even me batshit crazy. I've joked about buying Mia's brother when he was for sale. My entire family's response was a flat 'NO! Are you crazy!?'
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

But you DO need a Papillon.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Water Junkie

All I have to say is this is exactly why I never go to Petsmart on the weekend. LOL

Oh, and you should get her. Yes.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Adoption? Just Do It.

On another note. You need a pap. Black and white would compliment Rory well. Plus, what is one more dog to shoot Christmas photos of?!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

I think in your case, it's totally doable.

I could barely handle 3 when I was dogsitting but that was because all 3 (one of them being mine) are very active and we were in a small townhouse with a tiny square for a yard, so I HAD to take them to the dog park every day or go on a walk, so the getting every one leashed up and harnessed up, in and out of car, into house, etc, was a lot for me.

But when I'm at my dads house, having the 3 is like nothing. One is very low energy, one is medium energy and one is medium-high energy (Jackson) and there's a big fenced in yard, and the other dogs don't really go that many places like Jackson does (he pretty much goes everywhere with me that he can, on errands, etc). And it sort of sounds like that's your situation - you and your husband rotate and take turns with taking them places, you have a nice yard, some mellow dogs with some higher energy. I think you all could easily rock it and pull it off. And uh, YES, cuteness. I still keep trying to tell myself that I don't want a Papillon. But secretly, I do.

Brit & Jackson