Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-02-2006, 03:06 AM
my little ty ty

I beg to differ! Cockalier's are AKC recognized, and are great pets. I have one and he is just awesome. Tyler is the best dog I have ever owned. The original Cavailer King Charles Cocker Spaniels cost anywhere from $800 to $1600. The Cocker Spaniel breeds Cost from $350 to $800. These two breeds have no more health problems than any other animal. The Cockalier breed are great with children and other pets, they are very smart, quick to learn, non aggressive, sporting, inside or outside pets, AKC recognized (registeration),very loving and protective of their family. I would pay whatever for one. It would be the same as going and buying a big screen tv, you can enjoy both. Some people pay for animals some for tv's or a vacation that can only be enjoyed while on vacation. I must say, at least with an animal, they can be very therapeutic! So maybe the person who paid $800 was not so crazy or whatever you all have said negatively, as for my opinion, she is a wonderful person to buy such a wonderful breed of animal.
AND FOR THOSE WHO CALL THEM MUTS, A MUT IS AN ANIMAL THAT IS MIXED WITH UNKNOWN BREEDS. A MUT IS A DOG THAT HAS BEEN BRED WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT BREEDS, AND A MUT IS NOT AKC RECOGNIZED!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:11 AM
my little ty ty

Default Cockalier Is Wonderful!

I Would Take A Two Year Guarantee Than No Guarantee!
I Feel The People Just Wanted The Buyer To Know That The Puppy Is Worth Her Money!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlbit262003 View Post
I beg to differ! Cockalier's are AKC recognized, and are great pets. I have one and he is just awesome. Tyler is the best dog I have ever owned. The original Cavailer King Charles Cocker Spaniels cost anywhere from $800 to $1600. The Cocker Spaniel breeds Cost from $350 to $800. These two breeds have no more health problems than any other animal. The Cockalier breed are great with children and other pets, they are very smart, quick to learn, non aggressive, sporting, inside or outside pets, AKC recognized (registeration),very loving and protective of their family. I would pay whatever for one. It would be the same as going and buying a big screen tv, you can enjoy both. Some people pay for animals some for tv's or a vacation that can only be enjoyed while on vacation. I must say, at least with an animal, they can be very therapeutic! So maybe the person who paid $800 was not so crazy or whatever you all have said negatively, as for my opinion, she is a wonderful person to buy such a wonderful breed of animal.
AND FOR THOSE WHO CALL THEM MUTS, A MUT IS AN ANIMAL THAT IS MIXED WITH UNKNOWN BREEDS. A MUT IS A DOG THAT HAS BEEN BRED WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT BREEDS, AND A MUT IS NOT AKC RECOGNIZED!
I'm sorry to tell you this, but they are not a recognized breed.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/breeds_c.cfm

Those are all the breeds RECOGNIZED by the AKC......this Does not include a "cockalier". Whoever told you they where recognized by the AKC was very misinformed, sorry to say.

A mutt is a crossbreed....non purebred dog. or if you would like we will call them "mixed breed" dogs as the term mutt has seemed to acquired negative feelings around it. Either way it's not a pure bred dog anymore then those mixes you see in the shelter. And it's not that the mixes you see by "breeders" are less deserving of a good home, they are definetly not! But buying them from a breeder just tells them "Hey I can make money off these dogs! Let's pump some more puppies out of them!". And in the end you'll just make sure the breeder can continue their profit. Instead of doing that....you should think of rescuing a life next time.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
my little ty ty

AND I BEG TO DIFFER, I HAVE ONE AND IT IS REGISTERED. I KNOW FOR A [U]FACT!!! CHECK IT OUT ON AKC.ORG. THE REGISTERIES ARE NOW RECOGNIZING A LOT OF CROSS- BREEDS, AND ARE REGISTERING THEM.

SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SIGNAL RIGHT!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:49 PM
my little ty ty

AND BTW, I RECSUE ANIMALS, AND I GET THEM VERY GOOD HOMES. A MUTT IS A DOG MIXED WITH UNKNOWN BREEDS.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
my little ty ty

There Is A Canine Club Called The american Canine Hybrid Club! The Dogs That Are Cross Bred With Full Blood Registered Dogs Are Called Hybrid Or Specialty Dogs.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:09 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

The ACHC isn't the AKC though....do you have a copy of your AKC papers on your Cockalier? I'd very much like to see proof that such a reputable registy would register a Mix. Also, a Hybrid is a mix between species not breeds. They are 'mixed breeds' not 'hybrids'. They don't have hybrid vigor, or any of that nonscence. I was told by a Yorkie breeder that Yorkshire Terriers, and Silky Terriers were the same breed, and I actually believed her, and let her male Yorkie breed with my Silky Terrier. Registering time comes, and we call the AKC, and they tell us they are 2 totally different breeds....We were SO stupid to breed without doing any research. We know better now, and I wouldn't change our mistake for anything (I wouldn't have my Lucy), and knowledge often comes by mistakes, but I don't advise other people to breed Mixes. It's irresponsible IMO. Both of the parents were AKC registered, but that doesn't mean the pups can be. They were regisered 2 DIFFERENT breeds! I have a hard time believing that AKC would register a Cavalier/Cocker if they wouldn't register Silky/Yorkies less that a year ago. But if they did, I'd be very interested to see the papers. I'm sure you love your 'Cockalier' and no one is questioning that, I just wanted you to know that. Do you have any pictures of Tyler?

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-02-2006, 02:11 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

someone asked for a picture of a Cav/Cocker earlier, so here's a google image. They're definately cute!

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Actually take time to the site you just recommended and click breeds to see that cockaliers are NOT recognized by the AKC. Here is the page with all the "c" breeds recognized. Not there is NO cockalier listed. A cockalier is nothing more than a cocker spaniel/cavalier king charles spaniel cross.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

^^^^^http://www.akc.org/breeds/breeds_c.cfm