Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Playful Husky Pup

why do you have to cross breed them when a poodle itself can make a perfect assistance dog. I think its an insult to the poodles.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

I agree! I think it's just the latest "breeders' fad" which will soon get bred wrong (there's a certain sequence of how they get bred) and they'll end up some freak b@st@rd breed like most popular breeds with all their problems from being overbred and forcing their breed...
Old 02-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

I agree with everyone opposing this issue. The breeders are dealing with fire here. And what about the minature labradoodles? Geeesh, just the mental picture is horrible in my mind? Breeders shouldn't cater to what people want. They really should have an ethical oath/responsibility not to mix breeds just to profit by catering to the potential "buyer". Almost like cloning either animals or humans... just ethically wrong.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
She's now looking at a Standard Poodle pup instead. There's evidence that "mutts" are the best disease-free, illness-fee, dogs there are. I've always loved goldens and may rescue one that's unwanted someday (since I lost my Eli), but I may just rescue a big ole' lovable mutt out of rescue/shelter or whatever. They're just as lovable...
Amy + Hunter
I'm glad to hear your friend is looking at a Standard Poodle. I think they get overlooked by a lot of people because the only time we see them that we're aware of them is in shows with that gawdawful goofy looking clip.

As far as shelter "mutts" go, all but my first German Shepherd, Purdue, were either from the shelter or, in Bimmer's case, he's a rescue someone abandoned at a farm. They've been fabulous German Shepherds; Bear was a GSD/Akita mix and he was just a one in a million dog. Oddly enough, I've never had a single genetic health problem with any of them, and you know how many horror stories you hear about overbred German Shepherds.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian