Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Active Pup

hey,
firstly i am sorry i havent replied. but i have my exams going and i couldnt get on to the computer.
today, when i was on my way for a walk, i saw this lady taking her golden for a walk. it was a very adorable dog and was very friendly.i decided either i am going to buy a golden or a lab. as for the shedding, i can groom it everyday so the shedding is minimized. i will also buy it lots of toys and ask my friends to drop in now and then while i am away. i will be away for a maximum of 8 hours a day. some days maybe just 4 hrs or so. the reason i am not going for a pug or any other dog is that, it is hard to come across even backyard breeders with these breeds and they cost a lot...
Old 03-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Felurian

When you go to pick out your new baby, be sure to get a good look at the parents. If they are calmer dogs, you'll have a better chance of a calmer dog. That's not a guarantee, since dogs are just like people in one respect - kids aren't always like their parents!

You sound like your heart really is with the Goldens, so you'll find ways to overcome any difficulties, and let's face it, what's living with a little hair compared to living a wonderful, loving creature who adores you, even when everyone else ignores you!

I hope your exams went well and weren't too difficult. Getting your new puppy will be a great reward for all that studying.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Active Pup

yeah your right. i really goldens.when i saw the dog some 4 years ago, one came straight to me and started playing. since then i love goldens.the hair isnt a problem to me. its a problem for my parents. but i can convince them. my exams are going pretty well. only 3 more to go then i will have my golden
Old 03-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Active Pup

you are right.the pup may not be like its parents. i once so a very ferocius doberman and its pup was quite the opposite. it was very friendly and a real nice dog. but you couldnt go near its mom with a 20 feet pole.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidyashankara
you are right.the pup may not be like its parents. i once so a very ferocius doberman and its pup was quite the opposite. it was very friendly and a real nice dog. but you couldnt go near its mom with a 20 feet pole.

A dogs personality comes from it's experiences as a puppy. There are of course breed stereotypes, but even within breeds you will find a variety of lines.

You seem to have your heart aimed at Goldens, nice dogs, but I would take the time to find a good breeder who carries some good lines. I am not familiar with Golden lines, but you may be able to find some bred with shorter coats.

Grooming will be a must to keep the shedding down. I find that daily brushing during shedding season will help them shed their coats faster and leave less on the floor.

I think you have to choose between shedding or long hair maintenence... or you can get a "Labradoodle" I heard some people were crossing Labs with Poodles to get short hair dogs that don't shed. Big $$$$$ though.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Active Pup

Cool Golden retrivers shed

A cool web site ishppt://animal.discovery.com/guids/dogs/selector/profile.jsp .
Old 05-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Active Pup

Also IME Short hair dogs often shed "worse" than long haired breeds. [/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I have a long hair GSD and a 7 lb chihuahua, gues who's hair I find all over my clothes? LOL
Old 05-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88
Also IME Short hair dogs often shed "worse" than long haired breeds.
I have to agree! I have a long hair GSD and a short hair 7 lb. chihuahua, guess who's hair I find all over my clothes? LOL
Old 05-22-2004, 08:28 AM
I W A L R

get a rottwei....never mind about that one!get a black lab/golden retreiver/rottweiler!!!!!!!1My dog is that and she is soooo cute and sooooooooo nice.SHE DOESNT SHED!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Puppy Dog

Hey!! I am Sikh and I visit India often usually Punjab and I know how hot it can be lol. I think the poodle is a good choice. Their is also another dog that i think that will be good, which is the Bichon Frise.