Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: What is your flavor of smart phone?
iPhone 30 53.57%
Android 27 48.21%
Windows 2 3.57%
Other 1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Taxiderpy

No bacon flavor?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Android hands down. Though I'm pissed off at my phone, because I installed eclaire (yes - ECLAIRE!!!) 1,5 years ago, and the version for my (lovely, caugh) motorola is splotchy. Motorola is nice enough not to bring anymore updates for my phone. So, my phone will continue shutting itself off and not working properly until I buy a new one.
I'm looking into a windows phone though..

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Android here... Galaxy Nexus specifically. It drives me crazy when I grab my mom's iPhone and have to shift through a bunch of hardly-ever-used icons to find the app I want.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Top Dog

complete satisfaction with my iPhone 4. I have played with Android (albeit cheaper ones) and was never really impressed. Plus, better support online. If you research an iPhone problem, you WILL find someone with the same issue. Some obscure andriod, who knows...
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Android ftw. On my third one. Had the OG Motorola Droid (LOVED this phone, killed the screen by dropping it) replaced that with the HTC Thunderbolt. I really like the HTC Sense UI, but the Thunderbolt is/was a buggy phone with a lot of data connection issues, and as I use my phone for just about everything BUT a phone, I ended up replacing it when my two year contract was up with a Samsung Galaxy S3. I love the huge screen, the phone is wicked fast, it comes with a lot of different little things you can do to it without rooting it, but I have to say I prefer HTCs Sense UI or vanilla Android to the UI.

Other than that, I'm still in love with it after about four months. We'll see how I feel about it in another eight, which is usually when I want to throw it against a wall.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Top Dog

I've been meaning to ask around, so I'll do that here - does anyone know about the HTC Amaze (older-ish phone)?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

I have an iPhone. For the sole reason that it works for me. I am not an apple fanatic, and I don't hate windows. I just like functionality, and every person I've known with an Android has had so many issues with their phones. I don't like jailbraking, I don't like custom settings. I want my phone to play music, call people, use the internet and be virus-free.

And I have that.

Yes, there is a tiny bit of animosity there- because I get so pissed off when people get all "iPhones are the devil" or "Androids are evil machines"- because it doesn't freaking matter. Its a phone. Don't be all dramatic. *rolls eyes*

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Top Dog

iPhone 5 ftw. I can't imagine having anything other than an iPhone at this point honestly. Mainly for all the reasons Fran listed.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Show Dog

I love my iPhone 4s and it loves me. It does, it really does. But I'm fickle and trading the old girl in in February for a younger version (iPhone 5). I love it so much that I also bought it's cousins, iPad and Apple TV (but mainly because I got pissed at network programming and the cable company, cut them off).

I love that the devices all share nicely, better than my kids EVER did and that, with the different APPS, it makes sharing photos to Facebook and sites so much easier. The phone is my camera, geocaching gps, genealogy aid, mp3 player, newsreader, audio book player, and, yes, I sometimes use it to make phone calls. On the iPad I have all that and also read books, write, and keep track of my schedule. No data plan, but I can tether it to my iPhone for internet. With Apple TV I can rent movies through iTunes, watch Netflix, and even watch a slideshow of pictures from my iPhone.

I'd marry the darned thing if it wouldn't be wrong on many levels.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Can't vote as I'm on tapatalk as well.

I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. I have no desire to play around and customize my phone to do things it doesn't do already. It's easy to use and does exactly what I want which is to keep me entertained.
This.

If I was more tech savvy and cared about installing stuff and updating stuff and changing formats and whatnot, I'm sure an Android phone would be great.

But I don't. I want my phone to do everything I want it to do without me needing to mess with it and upgrade it and download crap.

Same reason I use a mac computer. It works well without me updating it or upgrading it or whatever nonsense you people with your windows things do all the time.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com