Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default THis is one way to practice

Working my way up to full faces. I have done a few, but I need a ton more before I feel even close to efficient. THe idea came when my MOther who is visually impaired with macular degeneration kept losing her glasses, which have clear frames. I told her, Mama, my readers are red for a reason. but anyway I thought I will make her three nose stations, one for her bedroom, one for the kitchen table and one for the piano and maybe that will get her in the habit of putting them in the same place each time. She is having a very hard time adjusting to not being able to see. THe idea worked better than I ever expected and now other family members want one. PRoblem is, every pair of glasses fits differently, so no one fits all design will work. it's at least a good way to start learning what mason stains will look good fired at different temps, essentially test tiles, and I am getting better at them, you shoudln't have to fiddle around to set them on, it should just click and be right. So here is another one of my "big ideas". That ends up being a puzzle to figure out.

I just told my son I waxed his nose so it's ready for him when he wants it. THe middle one was his choice. He wanted one that was bigger. He also wants one for work that is blue. There is a blue and silver one on the end but it doesn't' show up in the pic. HE doesn't like that one because he says it is too small and narrow. Women's seem to be most hard for me, I want to figure out a child's too. THe old cracked and fissured one is the one that fits my half readers the best.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Felurian

I think those are brilliant!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM
swimming upstream

seriously love these!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Twin 1

Those are so awesome!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THe front one has freckles but apparently if I put it in the gas kiln the color is dramatically changed. So I am going to try to put these in the electric kiln and see if they come out flesh with freckles like the mason stain is suppose to. THe orangish and blue one was more flesh and orange with a little blue and most of it just altered all together. THen the crease was too deep, or the glasses set not quite right, it's going to be one of those things. THe last two I did tho were almost a perfect fit. i would like one day to be able to do custom portrait noses,,,I would like one day to be able to do full portraits of my grands since I think they are so pretty. Practice practice practice. I had a teacher once tell me Kate Russell from the Royal Academy of England, she was a guest teacher at the tute, she said "you don't necessarily know how to do it right, but you KNOW when you have done it wrong.". I said "geez thanks for that, doomed forever to do overs." She replied, "no really it's a good thing. Some people never know that it could be better". So ok..do overs have been my motto ever since. Over and over and over.
Going to do a pierced version too.

I had another teacher say about a certain artist that "he never made the same thing twice" which made me think don't have much respect for that. IT's trying to do something exactly the same way again that is the hardest thing in the world for me. My little owl is proof of that. NO matter what I have never made him bigger with the same appeal that the little one has. ANd every single time I look at him when I try.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Those are brilliant!
Some people in my family have holders for their glasses, but I've never seen any that are as charming as those.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I seriously love them. You have an amazing talent.