Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-10-2005, 06:00 AM
Terrier Lover!

Default Checking in! :-)

Hi all!

I'm REALLY missing this forum.. and all of you here... but have only made it over to read a bit in the last month, and only posted a few replies. As some of you know our Jack Russell Terrier, Lucy went totally blind last September. Since then I've heard/read so many stories about dogs being put to sleep that are for the most part perfectly healthy, other than being blind... or going blind.

Since Lucy went blind I have been trying to help others with newly blind dogs, or dogs that are going blind, on a blind dogs email list. Somehow it just doesn't seem to be enough... if there is a way to reach more people about blind dogs! I found the domain name blinddogs.net was available, so I've purchased this domain, and have been working on a web site. There is a lot of interest in putting together some gatherings of blind dogs & their owners by state, or by city/state so working to get this put together also. My regular job is in an accounting/tax office... so with tax season starting, I'm going to be stretched REALLY thin.... between the new web site.. and my regular job... so I won't be around much for right now... but will be here when I can!

Take care until then!!

Old 01-10-2005, 06:41 AM

Your website sounds wonderful!! Such a great project, and it will surely help alot of people. Keep us posted as to your progress....when you can. Nice to hear from you!

tax time......YUK
Old 01-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Felurian

Karen, I will send you some O'Reilly stories for your website when you're ready. I think this is a wonderful thing that you are doing. When I think of the joyous life that would have been snuffed out had I not walked into the shelter at just that moment . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

What a wonderful website! I think it is absolutely wonderful. Let us know when it is up.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Terrier Lover!

Default blinddogs.net

Thanks you guys!

I did get the web site up: www.blinddogs.net with some stories, message board and photo gallery (though everything is new... and not much action yet!)

I did put up some pictures of Lucy watching TV, I know some of you have heard about Lucy watching TV before she went blind... but a blind dog "watching" TV is just so funny!

I won't have much time during tax season to "build" much more, but I do have quite a few stories and pictures coming from folks on the blinddogs email list, but no problem putting up the things that are already written!

Renee... I would love to put some O'Reilly stories up... send 'em on over!!

I'll check in when I can.... from my tax season nightmare!!

Old 01-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Love my pets

What a great site you set up. I just visited it and bookmarked it under my favorites. I look forward to reading all the stories.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Felurian

Wonderful site Karen. I've already registered.

Here's another blind dog link for you, too. http://home.gci.net/~sleddog/index.htm

Would you believe, a blind sled dog?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-21-2005, 03:51 AM
Puppy Dog

What a wonderful and thoughtful website. My mom had a two cats and one went blind and the other would stay close and walk about a whiskers breath ahead of the blind one. We finally figured out that Franklin was leading Kasper around everywhere. If kasper was snoozing and woke up to go to the kitty box he would yawl and Franklin was there and the two would walk off to the box together. Very sweet boys there were.
Goodluck with your website if anything comes my way will send it on to you.
Ciao
greentiger
Old 01-22-2005, 05:02 AM
Terrier Lover!

Thanks all!!

I'm still busy working on blind dog story pages... but wanted to pop in and say thanks to all that visited the new web site!

Thanks for registering Renee... and for posting the link for Rivers the sled dog! River's owner always posts a link to a newsletter each month on the blinddogs list, but have never talked to him. I know I have River's web site in my MANY link favorites still to be add to the new web site... but saved it again at the "top" after you mentioned it... since it was always one of my favorite "favorites!"

http://www.blinddogs.net

Old 01-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Felurian

Now we know you'll be very busy with your website, but don't be a stranger here!

Oh, this is too cute. Bimmer is sleeping on the floor in front of the heater on a blanket he's pulled off the sofa, and Kharma's just waked up from her morning nap, right above him on the sofa. She's stretching and making her soft little whines, sticking one big paw off the sofa and nudging him in the butt to pay attention to her. He must be really comfy because he's not getting up. I wish you could hear Kharma complaining about being ignored so blatantly!

Shiva is sleeping through it all.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian