Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsomom
I dont know too much about this or her dogs but she is on another forum saying that someone does not like her and is spreading rumurs that hope is a rescue. its called Dep a world of forums. Is hope a rescue?
It depends on what story you heard. She posted originally that Hope was a rescue. Then she posted that she purchased her from a rescue or something like that and that we were wrong (even though you could go back and read the old posts) There were several spins, so who knows what to believe. That was one of the things that she didn't like, was people asking her for pedigree info on Hope, since she insisted she was from strong working lines, etc, but wouldn't share the info. Anyone who is into GSDs and has a working dog normally doesn't have a problem sharing the pedigree especially if they plan on breeding.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Big Dog

I'm in southern Ontario, and am familiar with the GSD Rescues here. I don't know of a REPUTABLE RESCUE who would have sold her an intact female or male for that matter. This just has me so pi**ed off. no name calling that doesn't care what she does with the innocent, fur babies. And don't make any mistake about it, she is breeding BABIES(less than 2 yr old) to make more babies, and they're all innocents who may very well be bought only to be bred or abused again

THANK YOU BB AND DARKCHILD FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE SIGGY!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Big Dog

I truly believe that if you post personal information on the Internet, then you're setting yourself up for public scrutiny. Heather made it very clear several times that Yukon was neutered and she had no qualms about taking a strip off anyone who was involved in irresponsible breeding of any kind. She threw the words "mutt" and "BYBs" around at every opportunity.
Now if we believe that her advertisement is legitimate, then it proves she is no different from the backyard breeders that she despises so much. The fact is that Yukon is too young to be tested for breeding and anyone familiar with GSD conformation will recognize that Hope is not a dog that most breeders would use in their breeding program. Conformation aside, Heather stated that she wanted to breed working dogs for law enforcement, yet neither of her "breeding dogs" are titled, much less worked, in any type of program that would assess their working ability.
So...no testing, no titles, no pedigree, no conformation ratings. Her breeding is no different from the neighbour down the street who throws their two dogs together to sell a few puppies. And guess where many of those puppies end up when they start to show health and temperament problems? The shelters. Just take a look at the number of GSDs listed on Petfinder - and that doesn't include the dogs that don't make it to the adoptable list due to any number of issues. Shepherds - and many other breeds - are euthanized on a daily basis and all of those dogs started out as innocent pups that had all of the potential in the world.
I don't see a lack of humanity in these threads at all. In fact, I see an outpouring of humanity - not for this "breeder" - but for the innnocent pups and unsuspecting buyers of people who breed without a care for anything but making a buck.

And that's my rant....
Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

I'm so tempted to send her an email asking about the dog's certifications, OFA testing etc...
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 PM
But please, call me Barb

Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason: None
I guess they didn't like that I called Heather out on her post.
Barb
Old 02-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Walks into Mordor

That thread saddens me even more. What exactly did you say, Barb?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
But please, call me Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress
That thread saddens me even more. What exactly did you say, Barb?
I simply asked if Hope and Yukon had their certs and titles, called her a BYB and admitted that I followed her there *laughing*
Oh and I guess in a round about way I called her a liar when I said that she moves from forum to forum as people find her lies.

I've never been banned before, but, have to say the only reason why I mind this one is that I can't see what she replied to me.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Walks into Mordor

Actually, I can't find the thread anymore. It's gone. It says the ad has also been removed.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL
There are a few of us here who knew what she was about all along but people kept defending her, so we backed off. I hate to be an "I told you so" but here we are. And all of this breeding is being done at the advice and guidance of her "mentor"? There isn't 1 person who is knowledgable about GSD's who would advise her to do this. All of these dogs will be placed as personal protection and police dogs? That's what she always said right? Now she's taking deposits from anyone who will pay it seems.

So now we have a back yard breeder who is breeding 2 dogs of unknown origin, both with aggression issues (Yukon who chases and attacks everything, pees on her leg, isn't housebroken, and Hope, who is banished to the kennel because she bit one of her kids). No police agency would take dogs like this, so they will go to private homes with children because she insists that these are good strong dogs and great with kids. Exactly what the GSD breed needs. It makes me so angry but what can be done.
....well said

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 02-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyone
I simply asked if Hope and Yukon had their certs and titles, called her a BYB and admitted that I followed her there *laughing*
Oh and I guess in a round about way I called her a liar when I said that she moves from forum to forum as people find her lies.
Well, that sums it up nicely.
Closed Thread