Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Have you ever adopted a Petfinder dog?
Yes! 23 29.87%
Sorta...(tried but turned down, helped someone else) 4 5.19%
No...but I adopted another species of pet via Petfinder 3 3.90%
I adopted a pet who was posted on Petfinder, but that's not how I found them 14 18.18%
Not yet 18 23.38%
Nope, and I probably won't 7 9.09%
Hot Apple Cider 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Big Dog

We found our family Yorkie Tripp there! I'd definitely look there again.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

I haven't and probably wouldn't. All of the shelters here use Petharbor, and most don't update their Petfinder info very much or often. I found my cat on Petharbor, and Sienna I met at an adoption event...where I was volunteering...and she was supposed to be a foster.

I found my friend's two cats on Petharbor, but by going through the shelter's website. Actually that's how I found George (my cat), too - from the shelter's page.

My next dog will probably be from a breeder, but I also plan to foster and will probably find the fosters either through the rescue or on the shelter's website.

My blog: The DIY Dog
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

Not petfinder, but I got Ma'ii off craigslist.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Big Dog

I adopted a dog from Petfinder, Casper my Dogo. Also adopted a dog from petfinder classifieds when they had them. Plus Ronon and Joey were both on Petfinder but that was not how I found them.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitz View Post
I haven't and probably wouldn't. All of the shelters here use Petharbor, and most don't update their Petfinder info very much or often. I found my cat on Petharbor, and Sienna I met at an adoption event...where I was volunteering...and she was supposed to be a foster.
Just off of what you said, not specifically at this organization or you, but PetFinder is weird in which it just takes animals off your website. So like, if you post a dog for adoption, it gets sent to petfinder as well. I discovered this when we were suddenly getting questions about ferrets that had passed away, but were apparently "just posted on petfinder!" It was a case of our website hadn't been updated, and when we DID update, it all got sent to petfinder. So, if they're not updating the profiles, it's totally possible that they're not even POSTING those profiles to begin with, so they don't think to update it

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Not a Border Collie

I voted "not yet" but should have voted "sorta". Quinn had a cousin show up on PF (a known BC/ES cross) and we were in contact with the shelter and considering adopting him. He found a wonderful home though not long after intake.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Top Dog

Both of my dogs were listed on Petfinder, but I found them through volunteering for the rescue that had them.

I have no clue where my next dog is coming from, but I would be totally open to getting a dog off of Petfinder.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

No dogs from petfinder, but that is how I adopted my Guinea Pigs. And I wouldn't hesitate to adopt off of petfinder for a dog or cat, either.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Top Dog

I've never adopted a dog off of Petfinder but I could, I wouldn't say yes or no to ever doing so. Therefore, I voted for "hot apple cider" in the poll.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Squishy face

I haven't gotten a dog off Petfinder, but I did get one of my guinea pigs from Petfinder. Saw an adorable Abyssinian mix piggie on a shelter's Petfinder site and I was like "I MUST have that guinea pig!" and so I adopted him. That was two years ago I think.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!