Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Have you ever adopted a Petfinder dog?
Yes! 23 29.87%
Sorta...(tried but turned down, helped someone else) 4 5.19%
No...but I adopted another species of pet via Petfinder 3 3.90%
I adopted a pet who was posted on Petfinder, but that's not how I found them 14 18.18%
Not yet 18 23.38%
Nope, and I probably won't 7 9.09%
Hot Apple Cider 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I voted yes

We found Missy the GSD on petfinder at a dog pound... Her picture wasn't much, but it sparked something in my Dad and we went to see her. It was meant to be, and we took her home a couple days later after her spay. She is the most amazing dog <3

Their other GSD Miya I met while pulling a cocker at our local pound. My Great Aunt was looking for a GSD, so I let it slip out what a good looking GSD was at the pound - she was on PF, but technically that one's my fault lol

I applied for a Sheltie I found on PF but was bluntly denied because I don't have a fence, despite knowing one of the foster mom's really well ah well

Bailey was on craigslist, but I didn't know it until after I spoke to her owners. A friend from the rescue e-mailed me her information and said they were going to surrender her to the rescue if they couldn't rehome her, was I interested?

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I haven't adopted anybody off of PetFinder, but we use PetFinder for the ferret rescue and get many people asking about ferrets because of there.

I would definitely get a pet I found out about from PetFinder. Only reason I haven't is because I'm one of the main board members on the rescue so I'm in the know about all the ferrets we have, and, well, except for with Ella when I was looking for a very specific ferret, I generally get the hard to place ones that don't make it onto petfinder before coming to me

ETA: I have, however, helped find ferrets for online friends via petfinder

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

No, but I've adopted rabbits from petfinder.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Never heard of that rescue! And here I thought I had exhausted all my fluffy butt rescue options. Also didn't know you were just the next state over!
They get lots of dogs in too! A few of the ones in foster have been listed for several years. But better safe in foster than in a crappy home I suppose. Yep, just next door in ID! Crazy huh!

You need the psycho GSD/Sibe fluffeh...
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
They get lots of dogs in too! A few of the ones in foster have been listed for several years. But better safe in foster than in a crappy home I suppose. Yep, just next door in ID! Crazy huh!

You need the psycho GSD/Sibe fluffeh...
Lol! If I thought they would actually consider us, I might go for it. But being military makes a lot of rescues give you the snob nose.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

I found Zuma on pet finder! Watched her crazy video and fell in love. She came home 3 days later.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Voted yes too. I have a copy of VIctor' page where I found him on Petfinder when he was 5 months old, on April 1 almost 9 years ago. I knew he was the one the second I saw his photo. I had been looking for weeks.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Top Dog

I got this orange thing off Petfinder.

IMG_3855 by taqroy, on Flickr

I regret nothing.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

That is where I found Robyn. My brother was considering getting a Dachshund and was browsing petfinder for them and saw Robyn.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

Yes, we found Tucker on petfinder. The first dog mom had seen and called about was also on petfinder but was already taken (his foster family decided to keep him) which was a bummer since he would have probably been a better fit for my parents. A few days and many hours of searching petfinder later and we found Chips and Beans. Mom actually wanted Chips but we got Beans and now that mom has seen what they look like now she is happy we got Beans (she does not like prick ears).

These were his pictures:

and their Bio

Quote:
Beans and Chips are siblings -- they were born to a tiny chihuahua girl (Tenille is her name) and her Chihuahua boyfriend (or so we thought). Now we don't know who for sure the real dad might have been and Daddy ain't talking!

These brothers (listed separately) were born on June 3, 2010 so they're really close to eight weeks old at this time. They weigh 4 pounds each.

The babies have received all puppy vaccines and are ready to find forever homes. Please write and say you'd like to adopt one or both of these boys!!!!

In the future, while I still think I'll likely find my dogs on petfinder, I will never again adopt the dog without meeting him first. But everything happens for a reason, Tucker has taught me more than a "normal" dog ever could have.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!