Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Oh I cannot WAIT until it's my turn again.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

Well, Bubba and Red, you all are more then welcome to be here right now!I'm sure I panic for no reason, call me an over protective mother, Im the same way w/ my kids!!!

Her temp went back up, 99.5. Maybe it will be Thursday as it is supossed to be. I'll just keep checking her temp, and waiting...............................and waiting,.......................................... ..and waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and waiting......................................and waiting........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................and waiting!

Old 02-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

If I was 20 years younger , I would love to have a whelping clinic. !!! For serious breeders who can't be home 7/24 .... and then raise and socialize the pups for 8 weeks. I think I spent more time with my pups than I did with my own babies ! ( Not really, my kids were older when I started ! ) Nothing was more satisfying that to turn a wonderful pup to a wonderful family ! My favorite was settling up stimulating play areas from 4 weeks on...it was so much fun to watch them play and yet even at that age wander to the papered area to pee or squat ! Then groom and bedtime was so special too ! Low lights...soft music as one by one they were tucked in for the night. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Tip toe out !
Old 02-12-2006, 05:03 PM
RedyreRottweilers

when you see it below 99 in the evening, you need to get ready.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Nothing was more satisfying that to turn a wonderful pup to a wonderful family ! My favorite was settling up stimulating play areas from 4 weeks on...it was so much fun to watch them play and yet even at that age wander to the papered area to pee or squat ! Then groom and bedtime was so special too ! Low lights...soft music as one by one they were tucked in for the night. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Tip toe out !

This is exactly what I am afraid of. My husband asked me just tonite how we were going to be able to give up the puppies....they are gonna be so beautiful

I know it will be hard, I was told by another person that she housebroke her pups(dalmations)before giving them to homes. This way the owners have alittle more patience rather then the constant peeing on floors. Also she said to ask for a blanket that the new family will use for the puppy ahead of time. Let the mother sleep on it and use it, and send it homw w/ the puppy so that it can smell its family in its new home......not sure if that is a good thing, or a time bomb! Maybe the pup will miss its family and squall all night! The way that I am w/ my dogs, these dogs will be named, tucked in at night(if I dont sleep w/ them!) baths, clothes, obedience......................................... ..........................I may as well buy that property I been looking at! I'll be so sad when they leave........

Ill check her temp right before bed tonite. I have to go in to work for an hour or so wach day for billing this week(government crap!) They dont care of you're having puppies or babies!. I wish she could call me in the case of emergency!!!

Old 02-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Top Dog

We'll go more into what to send home in 8 weeks !
Old 02-13-2006, 04:11 AM
Top Dog

Oh time is drawing near, I agree with Red on the hemostats, i couldn't of been without them, they were wonderful for the first two pups as jess didn't have a clue what to do, after that she was great and cut them all her self, i still used the hemostats on a couple of other pups as the cords didn't stop bleeding as she cut them a little to far down but within seconds they stopped bleeding, oh and I don't remember seeing a clock on your list, its a must
Old 02-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Taco Dog

I am so excited. What's the temp now?

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 02-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Top Dog

99.6 this am. Havent taken it since.I keep taking it in hopes it is time, but she looks so sad everytime she sees the thermometer, I deided to lay off a bit!Was taking it am, noon and pm. Ill take it around 6 or so and let y'all know.....

I cant stand it anymore!

Old 02-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

OOOHHH I am so excited for you...you've got me checkin in just to see if she has had them yet! This worse than a soap opera! I keep checkin....any pups yet...aw no....yet...aww no..... you must be ripping your hair out!

"Happily owned since 1980."