Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I have been giving her alittle more food in the am, and she ate this morning, just not all tonite. And man she usually finishes BEFORE I can get the others food done!

She keeps going and nibbling. I will call the vet if she doesnt eat in the am. She'll take cheese though, the spray cheese in the can? I gave her a capstar in some earlier and she gobbled it!

They told me not to put Frontline on her this close, so gave me capstar and said it was safe. They put Frontline on her in January, I sked them about that, they sai dthere is nothing written in the packaging that states it is good or bad for preg/nursing females, but rather be safe then sorry, dont use it.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

If she's below 100 this long , i'd say she's about ready !! Hope you are !!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Walks into Mordor

I've been quiet because I know nothing about breeding.

But I just wanted to interject to remind you that we all LOVE puppy pictures. *hint hint*

Just a reminder for when the time comes...
Old 02-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

99.3 this am. No problem w/ the puppy pictures...hahaha Im getting excited

Old 02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

I keep checking in !!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

99.6,Gonna be a long next few days!
She's eating ok again. Small meals verses large meals are better.

You know, my other dog, Sas thinks SHE is pregnant, she goes in Dix's cage and grooms and nests, Dix will go in there also, and Sass will giver her a bath!

I caught my peke Gary , sniffing and trying to nurse on Dix! He's 4!!! Wow, everyone is going crazy here!

Hot Rod, other peke, picked up a brownie wrapper and carried it right to Dix, looked at her w/ it in his mouth and started growling at her viciously!!Dont know what that was about, but since he is Alpha, she cowers and crawls away!! Normally she's like'"Yeah right boy....." and smacks him w/ her foot!

My house is a zoo right now!!! Oh well,Im gonna go give her a bath w/ this stuff she got from the vet, she seems to have started to "blow her coat" and the vet gave me a shampoo that moisturizes her skin and protects it while she goes throuhg this ordeal. It says to use once a week. She's so big I cannot get her in the tub, so I use spray cheeze whiz to coax her in the grecian shower w/ me!!

I'm in la la land, I swear!!! Ill check back in if anything changes-Red, you better put an alarm on your computer, because I may be yelling for oyu!!
J/K, you have been a great help already!

Old 02-11-2006, 06:07 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Keep right on the temp chart.

Once it goes below 99, get ready.

I recommend you keep her secluded once she goes into labor. She won't take kindly to noses poking in her business at that time, even noses she knows well. (say that 10 times real fast)

Some of your first signs that she is getting ready will be tearing up/shredding/messing up bedding, panting, and shivering, as well as off food.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Top Dog

98.7 today. Even though it is the coldest day of the season, Dix is in the house and sleeps w/ us covered. So the outside weather shouldnt make her temp cooler-right? She went out potty, but was back in bed covered up for 15 minutes before I took it.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:58 AM
RedyreRottweilers

No, outside temp should not affect it.

If it's still under 99 this evening, plan on puppies soon.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

Grammy's boiling the water !! ( For a good cuppa tea ! ) .....How I miss my whelping days !!