Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

Hi, I just got home and took Dixies temp again. But I stopped and bought a new thermometer because I was scared when red told me it shouldn't be that high. Just to make sure my ther. wasn't wrong, I bought a new one. Her temp right now is 99.3. I have a temp chart, I hope she makes it a few more days!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Top Dog

Time's nearing... great advise above.!!! I did like old quilt or blanket instead of newspaper..... adsorbed better and no print on blond pups.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:39 PM
RedyreRottweilers

You are not likely to see puppies until she goes under 99 and stays there for over 12 hours.

HOwever, at this point she would have no time unsupervised if she were mine.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

Ok, info well taken. It went back up to 99.9 about 10 minutes ago. I guess it fluctuates. I am staying home with her now, until she has them.Went and bought more papertowels earlier. She is very playful tonite, weird. But Im keeping her from roughhousing. Havent seen her play like this since it all began!

I'll keep ya up to date. If ya think of anything els, lemmie know.

If I have to tear apart the cord, how long should I leave it from the pups belly? I have gotten alot of advice on the cord, but no mentions of legnth.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:58 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I like to leave about an inch.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:04 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Wondering what the thermometer said today.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Thermometer read 99.9 both times I took her temp, am and pm. But she is not eating today.

pm reading was about 5 pm, but I want to check it before I go to bed again. Especially since it was so close to 99 yesterday.

Poor girl, lol, she doesnt even run, she actually turns for me to taker her temp, weird, my dog is weird!

Old 02-10-2006, 09:43 PM
RedyreRottweilers

What day is she on ?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Today is day 58. I just took her temp again, it is the same, 99.9

She is on day 58 IF the first AI was the one that took, day 56 if it was the second.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:56 PM
RedyreRottweilers

You should be ok if they come, but 63 would be better. If she continues to refuse food talk to your vet.