Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Save a life: Rescue

Exclamation

Sunny is a Boxer/English Pointer mix...we think. When we got her from the shelter, they said that the owners said that they owned her mother and she was Brittany. Sunny looks nothing like Brittany, though. She has the English Pointer build and color...with the Boxer face...I will try to post pictures.
Love and Spoil Your Pet
Old 01-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Felurian

Oh, please do! It's easy to post them in the Dog Pictures. Just follow the link at the top of the page, then you'll see a link that says 'upload' and follow your nose!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Island dweller

You know, I kind of think that "smart" shouldn't be so easily defined. There are so many different types of intelligence. With people too. Like the people in Mensa who have such high IQs. They are very smart academically but sometimes they have huge problems socializing. I have a friend (my friends ex-husband) who qualifies for Mensa but he's NOT good with people. But some people have really such great "people smarts."
I think animals are the same. So if your dog learns things quickly, I say he's definitely smart in at least one manner.

But if it's true that smarter dogs don't learn as quickly then Mikey must be the SMARTEST dog in the whole-wide world!
Saje
Old 01-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Felurian

I think you've made an excellent point, Saje. But you generally do.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian