Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

I don't mind licking me if I'm patting them or something ... But my reference to licking is themselves not me or rather the sound of the licking ... I don't mind eating sounds much, as I have one that can be a picky water so I'm happy to hear she is enjoying he food lol.

Sometimes it's annoying that every time I get up before I feed the dogs even if its to the restroom ... Josefina jumps up & tries to follow me like she is starving to death or something :/ I guess I should be thankful that she likes he food that much ... But still :/

Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Pepper's licking and her anal retentive habit of not being able to poop without a serious walk no matter how cold it is, and the fact that she can start, see a squirrel or a cat and right back in it goes if she had started, and then she can't go again, makes mornings a labor of love. No one should have to look at their dog's anus for at least 5 minutes a morning wishing it would poop. I wouldn't do it for anyone else. Sometimes it takes Hyia and me multiple trips out before the deed is done.

Victor will leap out of bed like you have goosed him if you roll over and he isnt' ready for it, even tho your not touching him at all and then he will want right back in. This happens a few times every night and he bawls like a baby if I go out the door with anyone but him.
He will take a bite out of my mattress (albeit a small bite anymore) if he is jealous that I am paying attention to a dog that is not mine. With the few homeless ones that have come and gone, that has made for a few new pieces of missing foam. IT is the only destructive behavior he has ever had. WHen he first came, it was more than a little hole, it was a 3 ft channel right down the middle of the bed when I took Butch Logan's dog home in "Victor's" car. We have gone through 3 mattresses in his growing up.

Neccy licks like you would imagine a buffalo would lick, and it about bowls you over. SHe also barks when she is excited making your ears ring, but at 14, I am not going to try to change the behavior. OTher than that, her behavior is stellar.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, when I referenced licking I meant themselves too. The girls both think they always have to obsessively lick their legs and feet after every meal, eventhough they eat from bowls. And Ripley I think just thinks he tastes good. He licks his feet, his legs, his chest, his bed, his flanks... everything really. Tries to lick people too if he's over excited, but mainly keeps it to himself. It's just annoying to constantly listen to. I say "quit licking!" in a day more than I say anything else I'm sure.

I forgot last night too: I also don't like Dance's constant snooping in the kitchen. She's so food obsessed. Great for training, but can be annoying in daily life. Still not as annoying as the licking noises though!

And Ripley snores and breathes really loudly in his sleep. That's annoying because then I can't sleep and he wakes me up. But the licking still wins!

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM
The Littlest Hound

Daisy has this brand new habit (only since we got bar stools for our counter & are now eating dinner at a farther height than the kitchen table...) of standing directly behind us during dinner & making horrible wookie noises. I never understood what you people were talking about when you said "wookie noises" - now I most certainly do. I will have to videotape it - in all honesty, it's a new enough behavior that I still think its funny.

Her most ANNOYING new habit is the need to not just poo in the bathroom (where she is gated when we are away) but to stomp and dance in it :/ I feel badly because she's clearly displaying anxiety but it is NOT fun to clean up!

Liz's anxiety is annoying & nearly impossible to deal with. She'll pee IN HER CRATE and if I leave her outside she's noisy (and we have close neighbors )

Rage: Honestly aside from her snarling/howling at my boyfriend, she does very little that drives me up a wall other than swimmers turns off the back door...

Keena only annoys me when she refuses to listen (which is rare) and when she is constantly pushing/shoulder bumping/head butting the other dogs out of the way for attention - and really it's my fiancé that annoys me because he's constantly blaming Rage for being the reason he's afraid to let them interact. I want to be like "YOUR DOG IS A GIANT A-HOLE, TOO!" But then he gets all pissy, so I just keep quiet.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

I could go forever if I really thought about it. I just thought of one habit when I opened the thread, and by page 3 I had a list.

Chewy has so many issues it's amazing she's my favorite. Besides her reactivity to other dogs, she gets chronic ear infections and I feel like such a bad person sometimes but they drive me insane. When she has them she only really acts like it at night, and the middle of the night, at that. She'll shake her head, scratch, groan, wander around, and I had so many sleepless nights as a result. The weird thing is, if I put her in another room I hear her settle down after a few minutes.

Lola in the car. How can a dog who loves car rides as much as she does act so completely strung out as soon as she's inside one? It doesn't even have to be running, but she paces, shakes, whines, and demands to be in your lap. Also the way she antagonizes Chewy on walks drives me up the wall. She runs laps around her at top speed, barking nonstop, trying to get her to play. She acts completely surprised when she gets pummeled into the ground, takes a beat, then starts over.

Besides that, dog barks are one of the most annoying noises in the world to me. If any dog is barking for no evident reason or just to be obnoxious they are instantly on the naughty list. Especially when they sound bizarrely like a police siren (I'm looking at you, Chewy).
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm All Ears

This is horrible but Mia licking me does not annoy me, however Summer licking me does. I think it's because Summer tries to get to your tonsils and she's so obsessive about it. Whereas Mia will just come up and lick you once or twice, Summer will attempt to lick you for hours.

But really I have a double standard. Mia can't annoy me because i'm totally biased and think she poops gold. :/
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Professional Nerd

Stan sneaks up behind me if I'm sitting and licks my elbow. So did Harry. Drives me nuts.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Whining. And pacing. And whining while pacing. She knows not to lick, but she'll lick Adam every now and then because it irritates him and she thinks it's hilarious.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
This is horrible but Mia licking me does not annoy me, however Summer licking me does. I think it's because Summer tries to get to your tonsils and she's so obsessive about it. Whereas Mia will just come up and lick you once or twice, Summer will attempt to lick you for hours.

But really I have a double standard. Mia can't annoy me because i'm totally biased and think she poops gold. :/
I should never have posted this. Mia is determined to prove me very wrong.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Licking! Oh man I thought I was the only one, so glad to see I am not
Bailey's extremely high pitched whine. I mean, it sounds like one of those mosquito ringtones that were popular a few years back. Youch my ears Her pacing and whining.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o