Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Chihuahua Power!

The licking. Ugh. Tucker's Fetching Tag says "Licker Problem." Enough said

Rory's bark. It's worse than all of the chihuahuas put together. If he's bored or feels like being a jerk, he'll bark over and over again. We joke that he has a super sonic bark.

TAKE ME OUTSIDE! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Tucker and his eggs (also applies to his tennis balls and other toys). Tucker is very obsessive with certain toys. He'll carry his eggs around (the eggs from those egg baby toys) and then roll them off of things with his nose. THEN he'll expect you to pick them up and give them back so he can do it all over again. If I'm soaking in the tub, he'll carry his eggs over and roll them off the side of the tub and into the water.

Tucker has to have all of his toys in bed with us at night so he can sleep (eggs and snowman). Once I'm settled in bed he'll decide to push them off the bed with his nose, and then whine until I either pick them up or he goes down to get them.

Jess has experienced the egg annoyance, and I'm sure she'll agree that it just gets old.

Tucker and the Egg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Add me to the licking crowd, I hate being licked and I trained Arnold to never lick. People get confused when they ask him for a kiss and he merely nose touches but, ugh, yuck. However, Backup can't seem to grasp not licking. He's a lick-a-holic.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Being Payton?

Auggie likes to make slurping licking sloshing sounds after he eats - NOT just a licking noise, it's FAR more gross than that - but only when he wants to **** me off. I'm not kidding because he will come find me and stand there staring and slopping. He KNOWS it drives me insane and he comes to find me to do it. Jerk.
That's about the only annoying habit I HATE really. There's more that I think are annoying habits but I don't really HATE them, like his inability to bring a ball BACK to me and how he likes to drop it just out of my reach then stand there like =D =D =D. And he licks his feet which make them irritated, so I have to kind of watch him lately, luckily he is very good now about responding to "don't lick your feet." I can't think of anything else right now. I kinda like him a lot.

Pepper whines before I feed the dogs and it's a SERIOUSLY annoying high pitched pathetic whine. She has stopped the whining in her crate and I'm working on the pre-feeding whine because it makes me want to throw things.
Also he fact that she frequently wants to BECOME ONE WITH ME... I really don't need this dog all up in my space. I love her but good golly miss molly that is just too close sometimes. She is getting much better now that she has been here a while and doesn't seem to think she needs to suck up as much of me as humanly (caninely?) possible in a short period of time but sometimes she's just like "LOOOOOVE YOOOOOOU" and gloms onto me and AUGH GET AWAY. She had one of those I LOVE YOU SO MUCH phases while I was trying to wrap Christmas presents... *flail*
This is probably going to make me sound really mean but sometimes her fear level is incredibly annoying. She gets in this mode where she just darts around frantically, runs into things (not stupid goofy running into things which she also does sometimes but frantic fearful colliding with stuff because she's so panicked), runs into me, gets under my feet and trips me as she darts around... sometimes when she gets like that and I can't handle it, I just put her in her crate. It gets her out of my way until she settles down. She'll settle outside the crate eventually if she's given time, but sometimes it just frustrates me so much I put her away instead.

I feel bad because it seems like Pepper must really annoy me but that's only because I didn't list everything that Payton does and Auggie gets a free pass on most things because he's Auggie. Payton is the seriously annoying one, truly. I still love them both though!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Sport Model Pug

The sneezing in my face gets annoying, but it's just how she's built so I don't think I can really stop it.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Add me to the licking crowd, I hate being licked and I trained Arnold to never lick. People get confused when they ask him for a kiss and he merely nose touches but, ugh, yuck. However, Backup can't seem to grasp not licking. He's a lick-a-holic.
Emma and Rory are my only non-lickers. They'll give kisses, but you have to ask and it's only if they feel like doing it.

Rylie only licks human faces. She'll stick her tongue up your nose if you're not paying attention. It's caught lots of people off guard

Chloe likes to lick arms, legs, faces, the couch... you name it, she licks it. She loves licking Rylie's face and chewing/licking her ears.

And Tucker is the worst- he licks the couch, himself, arms, legs, faces, toys, etc. He doesn't lick any of the other dogs, though. He's always been very kissy and it was cute when he was a puppy so I didn't bother to train it out of him.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Top Dog

Milo's licking (himself) is obnoxious, but he stops if I tell him to. Sometimes if we're watching a movie or something it's like every 15 minutes though.

He also sometimes licks the couch and leaves wet spots on it, which is really annoying.

And if he gets bored or if there's anything outside, he runs to the front window and barks. I would LOVE to fix that, but my family just lets him do it for like 15 minutes and then scream SHUT THE F*** UP and run at him so he runs down from the window and cowers. I'm not sure if the barking or my family is more annoying.

Benji - everything he does basically. I love him, but he's so NOT the kind of dog I like.

- He stares...if he wants ANYTHING all he does is go look at you. And if you say "do you want to go out" or "do you want dinner" or "do you want to play" he just keeps staring.

-He's also a huge whiner. He's constantly whining, even if he's playing, he'll suck on a stuffed toy and just whine for hours.

-If you ignore the staring, he'll start barking at you, these obnoxious little "woofs".

-he asks to go in and out in and out in and out all the time.

-he's the worst beggar on the planet

-he barks constantly if you try to play with him

-he paces and makes a ton of stupid noise doing it

-if you try to interact with him 60% of the time he goes and hides under the table. When you want him out of your face he's ALL IN YOUR FACE.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

I get to detail in how many ways Watson can be a jerk in this thread? LOL

Seriously though living with a basenji on occasion seems like living with Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. He is mostly sweetness and light and then the planets align and the moon rises and the evil one takes over.

One habit of his that drives me batty is when he decides to dig at me...and yes it is discouraged, but like all Bs he is a persistent bugger.

Mostly though I love Mr Naughty and Mr Nice both...

Menchi is perfect she does very little that is annoying...

Sometimes she likes to bark at her brother though and that can get hairraising after a bit.

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

I've gotten used to the obsessive foot hygiene as we call it. And Scout's mouth breathing.

I cannot stand boy dogs that obsessively lick their junk. Hate that!

Scout's obsession with my parent's male BC and subsequently his obsession with the ATV has rubbed off on her. Sooooo annoying to manage her regarding this, omg.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
I have Border Collies. nuff' said.
That. Good thing I love him, some days.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Mountain Dawg

Every time I give Lugia a chew, she takes it downstairs to the living room where my roommate's dog Indigo proceeds to trying to steal it... it's like, "Puppy, why do you do that? Why can't you just chew it in my room in peace?" Even if I close the door, she'll wait at the door, chew in mouth, and stare at me until I let her outside. If I force her to stay in my room, she looses interest in chewing... it's almost as if she has to be in the living room with Indigo watching before she'll start chewing.

Funny thing is, if it's something really special that she likes (like raw marrow bones) she has no problem chewing in my room, but if it's anything else, like a bully stick or hoof, to the living room it goes! I may be anthropomorphizing here, but I like to think that she's parading all of her goods in front of Indigo... or maybe she's just trying to share.