Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

Grace grumbles when it's dinner time. It's not quite a whine, but it a very demanding sound and I find it irritating. But her normal talking does not annoy me at all.

Abby's barking can be annoying, but honestly I'm used to it and I know how to minimise it.

Not my dogs - but whining is very annoying to me.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

I have Border Collies. nuff' said.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Love My Mutt <3

lol listing off things she does that doesn't annoy me would be quicker.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Original Twin

I'm going to join the whining/licking party. (Are there cookies?)
Um, random gripe that I'm sure some of you would kick me for, BUT...
my dogs get along too well. Seriously, all they want to do is play with each other. It is annoying. They can't just hang out and chill. If I want peace, I either have to put them in a down/stay or crate one of them. They chilled out and cuddled for the first time only a couple days ago, and it was still VERY brief. Oh and surprisingly, it is the canine paperweight aka "she who keeps the couch from floating away" that is the main instigator, NOT the crazy ass Malinois.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Top Dog

Butt licking!!! My dog is really into this annoying habit. It really wouldn't bother me so much if he does not have the other habit of licking my face after he has thoroughly cleaned his butt. YUCK!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm All Ears

Summer is an obsessive licker. It is very hard to pet her sometimes without her trying to lick up and down your arms. Drives me crazy! And no matter how I try to condition her to stop, the second she gets a chance she will try to sneak a lick at your mouth. Ew.

She is also very needy and clingy sometimes. And loves people so much it can get obnoxious.

Nothing Mia does really annoys me, surprisingly. There's plenty to be annoyed by- barking, whining, times when she constantly throws tennis balls at me, etc. But it really doesn't bother me. The demand barking on the days when she won't take a hint can get kind of old. But it doesn't bother me to the extent the licking does.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

He has the most annoying bark in the world. Whether he's playing, alerting, or whatever, it's just high pitched and awful. So yeah his alert barking is the most annoying because it makes me cringe and be like 'JACKSON!' and he often gives me heart attacks.

I also find it annoying that when we sleep at my dads house, he wakes up very early and wants to go downstairs. We have a gate at the top of the stairs because the other dogs cannot go up there. So he decides he wants to go downstairs, he gets let outside, so he wants to come back up, he'll lay with me for 5 mins and then he barks to go down again. The cycle goes on and goes. It's so annoying because he won't stop barking/whining, and I end up just getting up.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Bamm- whines badly if I'm training with one of the other dogs. Does his reactivity issues count? That's a bad habit.

Cricket- she feels she has to growl or bark at the slightest noise. If she feels someone or something is in or near our house she won't let off until she is fully satisfied that the source of the noise is either friendly or long gone.

Joey- most annoying bark ever and he barks a LOT! I don't mind it sometimes, but other times I just want to kill him lol.
He also does not settle in a crate easily so he will whine non stop in the crate. Even if I give him stuff to do he will be occupied for a few minutes but then decide he wants to whine again. Covering his crate has helped but he is still a whiner. He also barks non stop if I take one of the other dogs outside without him so we have been working on the dogs being walked separately a LOT so he can get more used to the idea of me taking another dog Nd leaving him.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Big Dog

Rocky has the most annoying whine when he wants to get your attention. It's not a normal high pitched whine, it's more like a series of deep throated moans that make him sound like he's in pain!

Baxter is a constant foot licker (his own feet, not some elses), which drives me crazy! It's almost like his train of thought is: Sit on the dog bed, lick my feet; lay on the couch, lick my feet; oh you want to sleep, let me lick my feet!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
The Monster.

Cohen will whine when she's bored. And she has this annoying habit when I have friends over of going to her water bowl to drink then coming over to lick my guests. Licking & whining seem to top most people's lists of Annoying Things Done By Dogs.

Mega drives me crazy with her constant scavenging. She's constantly sniffing the floor and licking anything that stands out against it, like lint, hair, rocks and other debris. I've started yelling at her for it and sending her to her bed because it drives me absolutely crazy. Definitely her most annoying habit.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog