Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Felurian

As long as we don't get Bull Terrier X Shih Tzus . . .

"BoxSprings"

They had to do that just to use the name?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
SBT Lover!!

They call the minis "Australian Labradoodles" up here...

The thing that bugs me most about them is breeders insisting that they are hypoallergenic... ok tell that to the groomer at PDog who is allergic to dogs (I know, bad career choice!) and gets the worst reactions from Labradoodles and Goldendoodles. Only a percentage of the dogs will actually be hypoallergenic, but they still claim that as one of the "breed" traits.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
SBT Lover!!

Oh, and people saying they have a "purebred" Labradoodle still bugs me.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

The current foster puppy looks like a little cairn terrier mix. I'm bringing her into work one day and a client looks at her and goes "Oh, did you go to XYZ breeder in onecountyover?"

Apparently, she's a Cairn/Poodle cross, which I can totally see in her. They call them....Canoodles!

Confession time: I'm now referring to her as the "Canoodler". Since she leaves in a little over a week, it figure it won't make much differnce.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

We joke about mixing my sisters Rhodesian Ridgeback with the Border Collies. "Bordesian RidgeLies (Ridge-Lee)". They would be adorable.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
They call the minis "Australian Labradoodles" up here....
Some people are trying to cash in on the success of *real* Australian Labradoodles and are using the name incorrectly. Two breeders in Australia with the kennel names Rutland Manor and Tegan Park have been developing a new breed for decades. They started with Lab x Poodle crosses and bred multiple generations. They have since added in a few other breeds to expand the gene pool, make changes in conformation, and improve health. They are well on the way to the creation of an actual breed. They did change the name from Australian Labradoodle to Australian Cobber Dog though to differentiate themselves from people who just toss any old Lab together with any old Poodle.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I don't even flinch when people tell me about their 2 pound Morkie's anymore, lol, I'd say that is an improvement. Chorkie drives me nuts though, it sounds like you are trying to VOMIT! That's not even a nice word to say.

One of my favorite recent ones was a customer who Megan dealt with who had a "mini Goldendoodle" and do you know how they got the mini part? They mixed it with a cocker spaniel. Yet, it's still a mini GOLDENDOODLE.
No, no, no. You are SO WRONG!

It was a "miniature golden retriever."

I looked at it and thought:
"Is that a buff toller that never reddened?" No.
"Is that a BC that's just... burnt orangey/red?" No.

So I asked. And I was told it's a Miniature Golden Retriever. Of course, you get those by mixing Goldens with Cockers!

Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
No, no, no. You are SO WRONG!

It was a "miniature golden retriever."

I looked at it and thought:
"Is that a buff toller that never reddened?" No.
"Is that a BC that's just... burnt orangey/red?" No.

So I asked. And I was told it's a Miniature Golden Retriever. Of course, you get those by mixing Goldens with Cockers!

I thought the cocker/golden was a 'comfort retriever'..... wish they'd get their marketing down.