Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Top Dog

At the kennel, we weren't allowed to use the 'doodle' word. It was a golden poodle mix and my boss often would say that to them, just to get the 'oh, it's an F1 mini golden doodle' response, so she could say 'well we don't have mixes in our kennel system so we have to put them in that way.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
My dad's Maltese and Cocker Spaniel had a woopsie litter years ago. He called the puppies "Cock Teasers."
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
My dad's Maltese and Cocker Spaniel had a woopsie litter years ago. He called the puppies "Cock Teasers."
This is SO awesome!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
At the kennel, we weren't allowed to use the 'doodle' word. It was a golden poodle mix and my boss often would say that to them, just to get the 'oh, it's an F1 mini golden doodle' response, so she could say 'well we don't have mixes in our kennel system so we have to put them in that way.
Well, he sure showed THEM.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
ROFL. Awesome boss.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
If anything working in the pet care industry in this city has taught me how to deal with the poo names/designer breed names
Cavachon, cavipoo, Shipoo, Maltipoo, Pugapoo, Paptese..
People call for grooming appointments and are very serious about us knowing these breeds and sometimes it's just like "...huh??"
I DO NOT give into those people.

I'm like "you have a what kind of dog?"
"I'm sorry, what breed did you say?"
"Is she a small mixed breed?"

No one ever gets offended, around here most people are pretty dog saavy and although "designer dogs" are popular, the owners usually admit they spent an embarrassing amount of money on a mutt.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Glutton for Crazy

It doesn't bother me, honestly most purebreds are coming for equally as crappy breeders as the doodlenation.

I call borderstaffies borderstaffies and borderwhippets borderwhippets. I also call most purebreds purebred without seeing pedigrees.

I just take them in stride, I would presume some people lose business by being offensive and frankly I enjoy my clients.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I DO NOT give into those people.

I'm like "you have a what kind of dog?"
"I'm sorry, what breed did you say?"
"Is she a small mixed breed?"

No one ever gets offended, around here most people are pretty dog saavy and although "designer dogs" are popular, the owners usually admit they spent an embarrassing amount of money on a mutt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
It doesn't bother me, honestly most purebreds are coming for equally as crappy breeders as the doodlenation.

I call borderstaffies borderstaffies and borderwhippets borderwhippets. I also call most purebreds purebred without seeing pedigrees.

I just take them in stride, I would presume some people lose business by being offensive and frankly I enjoy my clients.
Basically..that ^. It's not my job to judge the client or make them feel bad.. lol so they can call their dogs whatever they want. It's a small business with a heavy reliance on local customer loyalty and treating the customers with super friendliness.. my boss would NOT be ok with me getting all high and mighty on the doodle crowd.

and I'm sure SOME would be offended, even if not all.. not a risk I'm willing to take on someone elses business lol
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Yeah, I used to enter doodles and Lab/Poodle, blah blah, but then I realized I was giving myself a headache for no reason (other than having a stick up my butt), and added Goldendoodles and Labradoodles to our system. And Cockapoos, for the sake of grooming appointments. That's all we have in there though, the others don't pop up frequently enough for me to bother adding them. But then I've never had a doodle owner who didn't acknowledge that the dog was mixed either.

Like Adrianne said, totally immune and long past getting worked up over it on principle.

Though, we did have client with a rather nasty temperament (and I mean the owner, not the dog!) with a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix, and we always called the dog a **** Poo. Always, without fail. LOL

Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

We didnt have 'designer breeds' in our system so yes, would put them in as mixes. I coached the staff to ask "Is their coat/size/etc more like a breed a or more like breed b" and then explained we priced grooming by breed so needed to best resemblance to make an accurate estimate.