Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you like potato salad in Greek salads?
Yes, I love potato salad in Greek salads 0 0%
Potato salad in Greek salad is okay 0 0%
I've never had potato salad in Greek salad, but it sounds delicious 1 4.55%
No, I do not like potato salad in Greek salad 1 4.55%
I've never had potato salad in Greek salad, but it sounds terrible 14 63.64%
I've never had a Greek salad 3 13.64%
I've never had potato salad 0 0%
Gingerbread Cookies 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Felurian

I wouldn't even expect much from the Fresh Market, but I'm pretty picky about my salads, like iceberg lettuce is NOT an option.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I wouldn't even expect much from the Fresh Market, but I'm pretty picky about my salads, like iceberg lettuce is NOT an option.
It wasn't iceberg lettuce

They are literally made with items from produce and the deli. They're actually decent salads. It's no different than buying the ingredients and putting them together yourself, as that is what these salads are.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Felurian

Yeah, I know how they do it. My best friend works for a large, higher end grocery chain maintaining and repairing all the equipment. He's in the deli and produce areas most of his days. I get to hear a lot of stuff.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

I like potato salad and I like greek salad (without olives) but NOT together lol. Never heard of it. Really odd.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

I didn't even realize a lot of American places put lettuce in their Greek salads...I thought that was something weird people did locally here.

Huh.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
I kinda figure if you get a salad at a grocery deli you pretty much get what you get and shouldn't expect anything real, unless it's at a bar and you make it yourself.

It's like going to Taco Bell to get Mexican food.
Quote:
Yeah, I know how they do it. My best friend works for a large, higher end grocery chain maintaining and repairing all the equipment. He's in the deli and produce areas most of his days. I get to hear a lot of stuff.
Apparently you don't know how they do it at the store I bought my salad from, considering you said not to expect anything "real." The salad is completely real... real lettuce, real tomatoes, real onions, real peppers, real olives, and real feta. Nothing unidentifiable. I worked at Publix in high school and I watched the produce/deli employees make the salads in the morning. They'd take the actual ingredients from produce/deli and cut them up/put them together.

If those aren't "real" ingredients in your opinion, then I don't know what to tell you.

The only thing bad about the salad was the surprise potato salad. lol.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Not that Hannah eats salad but that would be a particularly nasty surprise for her since she's allergic to eggs. yikes

yeah... salads aren't rocket science really so I wouldn't think twice about grabbing one from the local "Giant to go" grocery store deli place. I'd think twice more about a salad bar where peoples grubby fingers and snotty noses have been all up in it LOL.

but mmmm... feta LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
If those aren't "real" ingredients in your opinion, then I don't know what to tell you.
It also depends where you live, I think. Even if grocery stores are making their salads the same way with produce-section produce...if you get a tomato in california or florida it tastes like a tomato. If you buy a tomato at a grocery store in NY, it takes like water. They're SO heavily genetically modified they hardly pass as vegetables, and the same goes for lots of lettuces and stuff, they're completely tasteless, unless you're going out of your way to get organic non GMOs, which aren't easy to find and are way pricier than most "vegetables".

Here, I'd have no issues buying a potato salad, egg salad, tuna salad, shrimp salad, pasta salad, from the deli. A vegetable based salad I'd be way less optimistic about.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Not that Hannah eats salad but that would be a particularly nasty surprise for her since she's allergic to eggs. yikes

yeah... salads aren't rocket science really so I wouldn't think twice about grabbing one from the local "Giant to go" grocery store deli place. I'd think twice more about a salad bar where peoples grubby fingers and snotty noses have been all up in it LOL.

but mmmm... feta LOL
I totally agree- I'd much rather a grocery store salad versus a salad bar salad.

I strongly dislike eggs, but luckily I'm not allergic to them. That would be terrible if someone who was allergic took a bite of that salad.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Greek salad is ok.. if you don't have a lot of onions in it. Potato salad.. I don't like at all.

Dixie Loo - 2009 Schnauzer Mix
Rudy Roo - 2008 Airedale Terrier Mix
Buster - Forever loved and missed. 1-10-04 - 12-1-14