Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

This is my baby Ginger that came from the pound years ago.

12 or 13 years ago I think! She is an old girl.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:23 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Whoa... I stray from the interenet for a couple of weeks and look what I miss!

I'd just like to first point out that when I brought up the abuse situations I did say supposedly (I did type it wrong lol). Its difficult to determine over computers, but I am not the type of person to think I know everything about everything and can't be persuaded otherwise My opinions on Mich and the like a purely my own opinion from my own personal experience with him (as I did say IMO). I'm used to the responses I get on that.
Now then, I'm glad I am finally about to get some reliable information. I am curious how you have this information, however. Do tell us all you can, I want to help!
I have noticed there has been improvement. Just last month I suggested a dog at the pound to a co-worker (an American Eskimo). She adopted him and he is doing great in her house with her other other dog [Now I'm getting off track] The changes seem to be portrayed that this is due to the new dog warden, go figure.
The liability is being worked on... What are the odds they will be able to let people volunteer? I know the whole insurance deal is a big issue and its not easy for this to occur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMCOR
but there has been so many pretenders that it's hard to tell them apart
Especially when you only know one side of the story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMCOR
By the way you need a licence to own a dog - but anyone can have kids.... Kind a makes you wonder.....
I have never heard it put this way. It makes you think.....

So it seems some major changes are going to occur here. I'm curious to know with all of the money issues here in Elyria (the day care kids are having a Stroke about the pool issues ) how low on the totem pole is the dog pound? Thank you for giving it to us straight, and continue to do so as much as possible, keep me updated. I am willing do anything I can to push to better the chances for the animals, beyond volunteering as well. With this we have to work together. If anybody can make things work dog lovers definitely can

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Puppy Dog

BTW Joce, Ginger is a real cutie pie!! She doesn't look that old. Pleople always say that about my Chow/Shepherd I got from the APL 12 years ago. They are always surprised when I say she's 12. But I took her for a walk the other day and well....her body was telling her the truth! She was tuckered out!!

I think we know that some wonderful dogs come from the Lorain County Dog Pound (or Kennel as I see they are calling it now, nice touch ) And with the word spread and the facility improving, I'm hoping that more people will realize that.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

She shows her age when she walks! We took her to mill hollow the other day and I thought i was going to have to carry her back to the car. It could just be laziness though. She has kind of a waddle. THe only problem we have ever had with her is an allergy flare up in the fall and benadryl generally clears it right up.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Cats&Dogs r what I live 4

Default Adorable!

Hello!,
WOW she is adorable! What is her breed? Or is she a mix? Both of my dogs are rescues from the pound they are young though. Both are a year 1/2. I think the best place to get a dog is the pound/shelter they are allways so sweet!
~!~Mandy~!~
Old 04-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Pitbull lover

Question Now this is interesting.....

I live in Elyria myself and I am finding all of this stuff interesting. Do you guys all live in Elyria or Lorain County? What have you been hearing about the pound? I know there is some pretty messed up stuff going on but I am curious to hear what you guys are hearing. and what is this stuff about Mitch? Fill me in.
BTW, I have a real issue with the handle they have on Pitbulls, that is one of my biggest problems with the pound.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Puppy Dog

My thoughts about Mitch are all my personal opinion. You can PM me if you want details. Nothing horrible just a personality clash.

I totally agree with you about the pit bull situation in Lorain County. I talked to one of the deputies at the pound and he said he doesn't agree with it either. He said they have to put down some really nice dogs soley because they are pits. That's terrible!! It's a county law I guess. He said there are meetings on Thursdays and if we want it changed we should go to the meetings and be heard. My husband and I want to go but we don't even own a pit bull and don't have a lot of support to back us up except a print out I requested from this board from another member. Maybe some of us could go to a meeting.

By the way, I had to deal with a couple of the Deputy Dog Wardens from the Pound the other day. Two dogs were attacking my chickens and they killed one. I ran out there and tried to shoo them away buy they wouldnt' leave. These two dogs are forever running through the neighborhood and this isn't the first time they messed with my chickens. I called the dog pound and they came out right away and caught one of the dogs and the other took off. I told them that I knew who the owners were and I didn't want their dogs taken away but I want them to start containing their dogs from now on. They went down to the owner's house and told the owner that she owed me $50 for my dead chicken. She was ticked off about how much but he told her she either pays me the $50 or they will give her 3 tickets which will cost a lot more. She came down and paid me $50. The two deputies were extremely nice and very helpful. They were even nice to the bad dog who attacked my chicken.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Pitbull lover

Are you from Elyria?
Well I do have a Pit so I would be more than willing to go to meetings if I knew it would help. Did they tell you where the meetings are at?
Do you know which wardens came out to your house? I have never had any issues with any of them, they have always been very nice any time I have dealt with them. I just don't like the way they run things at the pound (aka..Kennel).
Old 04-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Ginger is a beagle,wire hair terrier mix. She is an old girl

I live in henrietta/birmingham. I really haven't dealt with the pound people or mich a lot except to call about some horses once. I don't know what ever happened with it though.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Puppy Dog

I live in S. Amherst. The one younger guy's name was Nelson. I didn't catch the other guy's name. Nelson is the one who told us that we could go to meetings regarding the pit bulls. I can't remember where he said the meeting were. Maybe my husband remembers. He gave us a print out about the vicious dog law being lifted in Ohio. You could always call there and ask them when and where the meetings are.