Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default December weight loss goal

December is creeping up on us and I was wondering if you guys have any weight loss goals? I'm going to shoot for 5lbs in the month of December. I can probably lose more but I want to give myself a goal that is more than reachable hopefully. I was given a treadmill from one of my coworkers that I'm trying to work out on often and been hiking a few times lately.

I'd like to lose 50lbs by the end of next year so I'm starting right now. I can do it. The hardest part for me honestly is finding motivation. I think I have a couple reasons to motivate me now.

1) diabetes runs in my family. My dad was diagnosed with it as well a little while ago. Losing weight will hopefully decrease my risk of developing diabetes.

2) I'd like to have a kid in the next few years. Right now I'm overweight and I'm pretty sure I have PCOS like my sister. If I lose the weight that will hopefully up my fertility chances for when the time comes to start doing the whole having kids thing.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Play that funky music.

I need to lose somewhere between 30-35lbs. I'm recovering from EDNOS, so it's kinda hard. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

When all is said and done I'd like to lose about 150lbs. I'm considered medically obese, and have struggled with weight loss for years. I'm currently finishing up a 3week round of HCG drops (been doing the HCG or "jet" diet) but after this I'm hoping to join weightwatchers online and do that for a while. The weight loss will be slower and less instantaneously gratifying than it has been on the HCG diet, but this diet is just killing me. So I'm looking forward to being able to lose weight and still maintain some sort of a life lol. I will also be exercising (likely swimming for an hour or so 5 days a week at my gym).

I also want to start a family in the next 3-5 years and really need to lose weight before I can safely have children. I also have a lot of medical issues that arise from my weight and I'd love to get off my blood pressure medicine, and hopefully get rid of my back/neck/joint problems, my lady-time problems, etc, etc.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Felurian

Really, really want to dump another 25-35 pounds

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Kotah BEAR

I need to lose about 40 lbs, at the rate I'm going it'll be gone in 3 weeks lol
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM
The Littlest Hound

I need to lose about another 30 an ill be happy... considering its December (yay holidays) ill shoot for 5 this month...

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Woops, forgot to put my December weight loss goal lol. Umm, I forgot to weigh myself at the beginning of this 3 weeks of HCG but I think from now to the end of December I'll make my goal 15lbs.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I just need to start eating healthier again and being better about structured exercise.

I was doing SO WELL a couple months ago, and all I was doing was eating healthier (no super processed foods, lots of fruit and yogurt and meat) and doing yoga every other day. I had so much more energy and just felt awesome, there is no reason for me to be back to my old ways of junk food and soda. BLARG!!

I need to get back to MFP, that helped so much. I was losing weight and it was fantastico, I didn't feel deprived or hungry all the time or anything.

Probably lame, but one of the main reasons for wanting to lose weight at this point is that I want to do disc and agility with Siri, and for that I need to be able to keep up with her.

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I just need to start eating healthier again and being better about structured exercise.

I was doing SO WELL a couple months ago, and all I was doing was eating healthier (no super processed foods, lots of fruit and yogurt and meat) and doing yoga every other day. I had so much more energy and just felt awesome, there is no reason for me to be back to my old ways of junk food and soda. BLARG!!

I need to get back to MFP, that helped so much. I was losing weight and it was fantastico, I didn't feel deprived or hungry all the time or anything.

Probably lame, but one of the main reasons for wanting to lose weight at this point is that I want to do disc and agility with Siri, and for that I need to be able to keep up with her.

That isn't lame at all.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Not lame! I was getting ready to restart C25K, solely because I need to keep up with Mu in agility. Running is not even remotely an option anymore but I am starting some kind of structured exercise this month so that I'm not a blob by the time I'm done cooking this kid.

I don't really belong in this thread cause I can't lose weight, but I will cheer all of you on.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013