Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 02-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Puppy Dog

Default grooming pay

i am working for a groomer im not getting payed right now cuz he is training me but how much is the going rate for people that work for groomers is it an hourly thing or per dog
Old 02-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Show Dog

um, where i work its hourly or 50% commision. its hard to explain, if 50% commision of the dogs you did for that week is higher than what your hourly pay is for the week, you get whatever is the higher amount. it kinda sucks i guess in the winter months because you really always get the hourly amount which isnt a whole lot becuase the winter is SO slow. but it works out for the summer months i guess because it is CRAZY busy. oh, this is at petsmart, i dont know what it would be like at a private groomer. you might be able to get a better deal with a private groomer because there isnt some big corporation trying to take your money.

http://tinypic.com/fjdan6.jpg

http://tinypic.com/fjdj0l.jpg

here is a better pic of me, i cant get it to upload for my profile. im the one in the black sweatshirt!

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=fmhzk1
Old 02-09-2006, 12:11 PM
:( only one :(

I've worked for someone before, 2 places to be exact, and both places charge 50% commission on what I groomed. I was responsible on purchasing my own clippers, blades, scissors, nail trimmers, quick stop, hemostats and ear powers, brushes, and combs. The rest was supplied by the owner such as dryer, shampoo, etc. I now own my own salon and prefer it much better.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Active Pup

I was trained by a Master Groomer but also took a distance course to get my certification. I worked for free (customers did tip me occasionally) with the Master Groomer and then purchased a Mobile van and started my own business. I really enjoy working for myself.

Georgie
Old 05-29-2006, 07:58 AM
Active Pup

I make 50 % commission. I would really like to get my own business though.