Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Oh no Sass! My disclaimer post had absolutely nothing to do with your post *scouts honor*

It's just that after I posted this thread, I clicked over to my facebook and there were a couple of my cousins along with a few friends engaged in a political debate. (so sick of it all....seriously tempted to remove quite a few from my news feed!) States were mentioned and I thought "Oh dang......I hope my thread isn't taken as more political fodder" So I flipped back over and added the disclaimer, LOL
Haha, Defensive Sass is Defensive.

I was mostly confused because all things considered I thought I was being pretty tame even though WHERE I LIVE IS THE BEST.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Love My Mutt <3

We pay 13% sales tax. Essential food items (milk, eggs, bread...) are not taxed, others are. Granted, I get $45 every month to make up for that (goes by income). Not sure of anything else.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

We do pay sales tax - it varies by county. I know at my company's various locations, it ranges from 6.675% to 7.775%. We don't pay sales tax on essential items (groceries, clothing). We do pay income tax - I'm not sure if it's low or high, I've never worked/lived anywhere else.

We also pay property tax, but since I don't personally pay it, I don't have a clue what it is.

ETA: We don't have car inspections here at all. We pay taxes on vehicles when they're bought, and yearly tabs/registration.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
<--------Orson

I found this REALLY handy list of all the states. Income tax, property tax, sales tax, inheritance it even lists the gasoline & cigarette taxes in each state and more!

Check it out and see how your state stacks up!

http://www.retirementliving.com/taxes-by-state
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Stinky Butt

I live in Texas. We have NO State Income tax, but do pay sales tax. Our rate is 8.25%here locally. We also pay property taxes. My property taxes on a .25 acre lot valued around $250,000 home are almost $7000 per year, but I am also in a REALLY good school district which could play a role in that since the taxes are made up of several different components and the school district also influences the values of the homes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our city and state though. I think there are a lot of great cities in TX that have a lot to offer. My two favorites though by far are Fort Worth (where I live) and Austin which is a short 3 hour drive from here.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Chihuahua Power!

One thing I LOVE about my state (Florida) is that there isn't a state income tax. YAY!

Florida has a 6% sales tax... but it can be higher depending on the county. My county is 6.5%. Food (unless it's hot and/or prepared) and medications aren't taxed.

We have property tax, but only on homes... and if it's your primary residence, you can claim a homestead exemption.

Our gasoline tax is 16.6 cents/gallon.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep