Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Top Dog

Thats a great idea.

One year we gave everyone kiva loans - I was super excited about them but they didnt go over as well as I thought they would :/
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Thats a great idea.

One year we gave everyone kiva loans - I was super excited about them but they didnt go over as well as I thought they would :/
Lame.

If someone has the nerve to be upset that they didn't get a "real" gift, then that's pretty low.

I am all for gifts if I see something that screams "mom would love this!" while I'm out...but I hate spending money on things that I'm not really sure the recipient wants, or worse, being told what to buy them in the form of a list, when these people are completely self sufficient and can buy their own gifts.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Two down and one to go.I made a button man years ago and all the little boys seem drawn to it, my grandson Aiden most of all. So I had enough left (i hope) to make three. THis will be a part of their home made Nana gifts. I used a much heavier gauge of wire and put them together more strong than my original. Even so the original took years of being played with before he broke this year. So I need to rewire him too. THis wire is the same wire I put my kiln together with so I don't think it will come apart easily. They are not as easy to make as they look.

I keep changing the design trying to get them to fit better. IT has to taper at the trunk or they can't sit.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Jory's box of moonlight is I think finished. It may seem over polyurathaned but this is for a 7 yr old boy and I want it to be tough as nails. I made my 2 yr old Grandson one for his birthday and did the same, it has taken almost a year of being played with and looks as good as the day I gave it to him. Jory told me once he wanted an all blue house. Blue rooms, blue everything. I cant' give him a blue house, but I made him a blue box. THe glow in the dark paint that glows blue was pricey, and I think it could still use one more bottle inside but I can add that later. IT's crunch time and I still have several presents left to make. Zoen is 3 almost 4. His is about half finished, it is the one with rabbits. I hope to make up a story to go with it, about how the little white stars are really rabbit"s white tails you can see while they romp across Heavens. I will word it better, i am still working on that. I saw rabbits playing in the moonlight on a hill one night so that is where this idea came from. His box will glow green.

This is Jory's favorite place on the Platte River, on the sand bank he loves to play in, and he likes cats.

I got the boxes at hobby lobby and am not pleased at all that the latch broke and it hasnt even been finished yet. SO I am going to have to pull it off and get a better latch, might as well do both since I doubt the other will last much longer.

It glows brighter, this is after only a minute under the light. WHen I left it in the sunlight in the window one afternoon, that night it glowed bright like the moonlight on snow until the wee hours of the morning. You can also draw with a flashlight on it. SO I will include a little bright flashlight.

I will be making Hyia one too but not before CHristmas. I just found a really nice box for hers at the thrift store. She wants hers to glow purple. It takes a LOT of bottles. to get a good coat. So there will be some saving up for that one.

I need to make two floor cloths for the babies, and then I will be done for this year. I can't imagine what it would be like to just go out and shop for CHristmas. I don't know which would be worse, I can't stand stores or crowds, but this takes hours and hours and hours. AT least I had the supplies mostly on hand.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh my god I would kill for a starry night bunny painting! SO GOOD <3 <3
Old 12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Smkie, those are so lovely, I'm sure your grandchildren will cherish them for a long time to come.

I got a bottle of dark chocolate balsamic for my aunt, two shirts for my dad, and two ties for my brother.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
Jory's box of moonlight is I think finished. It may seem over polyurathaned but this is for a 7 yr old boy and I want it to be tough as nails. I made my 2 yr old Grandson one for his birthday and did the same, it has taken almost a year of being played with and looks as good as the day I gave it to him. Jory told me once he wanted an all blue house. Blue rooms, blue everything. I cant' give him a blue house, but I made him a blue box. THe glow in the dark paint that glows blue was pricey, and I think it could still use one more bottle inside but I can add that later. IT's crunch time and I still have several presents left to make. Zoen is 3 almost 4. His is about half finished, it is the one with rabbits. I hope to make up a story to go with it, about how the little white stars are really rabbit"s white tails you can see while they romp across Heavens. I will word it better, i am still working on that. I saw rabbits playing in the moonlight on a hill one night so that is where this idea came from. His box will glow green.

This is Jory's favorite place on the Platte River, on the sand bank he loves to play in, and he likes cats.

I got the boxes at hobby lobby and am not pleased at all that the latch broke and it hasnt even been finished yet. SO I am going to have to pull it off and get a better latch, might as well do both since I doubt the other will last much longer.

It glows brighter, this is after only a minute under the light. WHen I left it in the sunlight in the window one afternoon, that night it glowed bright like the moonlight on snow until the wee hours of the morning. You can also draw with a flashlight on it. SO I will include a little bright flashlight.

I will be making Hyia one too but not before CHristmas. I just found a really nice box for hers at the thrift store. She wants hers to glow purple. It takes a LOT of bottles. to get a good coat. So there will be some saving up for that one.

I need to make two floor cloths for the babies, and then I will be done for this year. I can't imagine what it would be like to just go out and shop for CHristmas. I don't know which would be worse, I can't stand stores or crowds, but this takes hours and hours and hours. AT least I had the supplies mostly on hand.
Oh Smkie, those are so beautiful!!! I'm sure your grandkids with treasure them for time to come!

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 PM
overdogged

I made my dad a Team Steve shirt on zazzle. I am ridiculously excited about this. LOL

My mom I got this print, which totally encompasses everything about her (books, tea, quilts, cats). And also handmade goats milk soap.

My sister is getting goats milk soap, a furminator, and the book The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

The dogs are getting new nylabones, which they desperately need.

I still need to get something awesome for my bestie but I am completely drawing a blank, which makes me feel extremely lame.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Spent all day shopping and still have at least another day. Have to drive down to Finn tomorrow for knives for a couple people.

Went to a used book store and found some great old train books for my dad. To him and my step mom cute matching dog cups.
Found some of the cute stuffed microbes for nurse friends.
Wine and beer glasses for most of chazes family. Some kind of wine chiller for his mom.
Lots of toys for a lot of kids. My little ponys to toy chain saws.
My aunt that has a bunch of dogs got some dog toys and grooming stuff and I want to get her a pug cup if I can find one.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Smkie all of that stuff is AMAZING. I would LOVE to have a painting like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
My nephew emailed me with this list of items

- 2 extension cords
- 1 power drill
- wooden planks
- telescope
- hammer
- couch

..should I be concerned?!? lol
I seriously DIED LAUGHING.