Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 02-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Active Pup

Default Bhutias, anyone?

Hi,

I live in a small village on a huge farmhouse in India, I own 13 bhutias (an Indian breed - they're generally used by shepherds in the hills to protect their flocks from leopards) and this number has recently swelled to 20 with the birth of seven gorgeous puppies!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Alpha Dog

Welcome to the Dog Forums!
I would love to see a picture of a Bhutias.

Chazhound
Old 02-07-2006, 01:21 PM
:( only one :(

Welcome to Chazhound!

You've peeked my interest, I've never seen or heard of a bhutias before. I'd love to hear more about them and see pictures.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Active Pup

Smile Photos

hi everyone, thanks for the welcome! it would be impossible for me to post photos of all our dogs today - there are so many!! here are a couple of my favourites: the blonde bhutia is "Toosh" - alpha female, so affectionate and is the one currently nursing seven pups.

The black one is "Tagadu" - alpha male and so arrogant!

am also posting a couple of the newborns - they are soooooo adorable!! they're only around 10 days old and they already have such distinct personalities!

also - bhutias are an Indian breed - i'm not sure if they're official or anything, but shepherds use them in the hills to protect their flocks from leopards.

okay, here goes... first time using flickr so i hope the links work! enjoy!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Gorgeous dogs
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Training the Trainer

Wow they are beautiful!!! The gold one looks like, well, a Golden!! Gorgeous, gorgeous. What are their personalities like? I can't believe you have 20!!!!! Heaven!!! (and a handful!)

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 02-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Active Pup

Thanks dizzy - your dog looks like quite the character too - i LOVE his ears!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Active Pup

Thanks Ruby, they are absolutely lovely in temperament. I'm going to copy and paste something I wrote earlier to give you an idea of what they're like - I can't write anymore right now - am wrecked from all the puppy-sitting!

"Like with most dogs bred for aggression-related work (shepherds use them in the hills to protect their flocks from leopards), I think each dog's temperament depends on the upbringing of the dog - ours are all affectionate because from the word go (and we got them when they were WAY too young to be taken from their mothers, we were feeding them every two hours from a syringe type thing!) we handled them a lot, took their food away and returned it etc, so now the family members can do ANYTHING with the dogs and they don't even growl. On the flip side I've known Bhutia owners who have kept their dogs chained up and hardly given them affection, and as a result those dogs are completely vicious. Sad but true. I think the same can be said of other breeds like German Shepherds, Dobermanns, Rottweilers (ESPECIALLY rotts - my blood boils when I read some of the bad rap they get simply because of bad upbringing.) "
Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Congrates on such a fine looking litter! The range of colors is extroidinary. I love the intelligent look on the mother's face and oh my the dark dog is very handsome. Looking forward to learning more about your beautiful dogs.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 02-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

What nice looking pups !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/