Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-24-2012, 10:04 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
A support group is essential, truly. Living for others when you can't live for yourself is a saving grace.
This. My sister is who I live for, and together we're pretty d@mn unstoppable. I used to think I hated life, that the bad outweighed the good, and that things were so much worse than they were. But having my sister (and my family) made me realize that I was truly blessed all along and just because things are taken away from us doesn't mean we have nothing left. As long as I have my sister, I have everything I need.

God. He's the one who gave me all these things. He has a right to take what he pleases, and I pray that he will let me keep my sister with me throughout my entire life. I truly don't know what I'd do without her. I know God would guide me through it. However, I still pray that I will never know what that is like.

Having a dream, or a goal. Have something to look forward to. Something to work for. For me, its music. My sister and I want to be singers someday, and it gives us a focus. Something to turn to when things are hard. I think people need that.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 AM
The Littlest Hound

Honestly I think I sat in bed for like two weeks and cried until my mom came to get me. The dogs kept me getting up, though... and eventually the kids I worked with. They made me laugh, and it slowly got easier. When I was more stable mentally, everything else kind of fell into place.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

Everyone has so much good advice and ideas. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. One thing I always said to myself was, "It won't always be like this." That, somehow struck me. Nothing stays the same and there are always ups and downs. You'll get past this. Take care of yourself. Think positive thoughts as much as you can. Fill up your brain space with good thoughts, things to do...new hobbies, chores...just keep busy. Crowd out those negative thoughts that make you sad. Move forward as best you can. I have had some rough times too throughout my life...some really despairing and traumatic events. And I came through the other side. And am basically a happy person, but am sure there will be more hard times ahead. It's part of life. You have to have some rough times and challenges along with the good times that will be part of your life. (((hugs)))
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

Milo,
my foster dogs,
faith in something bigger - it doesn't have to be "God"...destiny, fate, humanity, science, whatever you believe in.
plans for the future - near or far off
the people I've met along the way

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

My dogs are a big one...they cheer me and the will always need me to be there for them.

My friends...their support has always been what helps me pull through.

Also like Renee mentioned a refusal to just let life beat me

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM
PSD Partner

My kids and the step kids are what keep me trudging on even times get super tough and others wonder how I do it. They give me the strength to keep on fighting, one by showing them all that even though we have all been through hell and back and in some way are still there, we can still keep going and have a good life as long as those we love are there. And 2 because they give me something to keep fighting for. No one deserves what any of us have been through and I will keep on going to try and help stop it and help them all have a wonderful life as much as I can.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm All Ears

I know this sounds cheesy but these guys:

iz by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

I impulse bought a puppy. Probably not a good choice but she really was a catalyst for good things to happen. She kept me needing to get up and out and active. Kept my mind busy and kept me company. And Summer kept us both sane. As I said back then, it is very hard to be sad when you have a Mia around. She's so infectiously happy.

Family. I lived far away but had a cousin that moved near me and he was a rock for me at the time. I don't know if he really realizes it, but I hope he knows how much I appreciate him.

Keeping one foot in front of the other and taking one day at a time. Small Goals like doing something positive/new this week. Changing something you're not happy with this week. And then longer goals like graduating and moving. The small goals helped the most. I can look back and see a lot more change than I was aware of.