Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandog View Post
As opposed to what, letting her end up with a dog that she wouldn't like/had health problems/was the result of unethical breeding/ect? Give me a break!

I for one welcomed recommendations with open arms both for and against the breeders I had in question. I'm not afraid of my choice but I want to be fully informed and that includes information from people both for and against the breeder(s) in question.

Still, I can see why she hesitated. Finding a good Koolie breeder in some people's eyes is like finding a needle in a haystack. I like who I picked but it took some serious give and take (and lots of money) to find the right one.
There's a difference between sharing information and berating someone for choosing a breeder you (general you) don't like. And being harassed by an angry group of one specific breeder's lackeys? Yeah, that's pretty f***ed up. And the group that goes around spreading vicious rumors and attacking anyone who dares choose a breeder other than one approved by them? Sadly, they don't seem to realize that by spewing their poison, they are actually hurting the breed.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
As opposed to what, letting her end up with a dog that she wouldn't like/had health problems/was the result of unethical breeding/ect? Give me a break!

I for one welcomed recommendations with open arms both for and against the breeders I had in question. I'm not afraid of my choice but I want to be fully informed and that includes information from people both for and against the breeder(s) in question.

Still, I can see why she hesitated. Finding a good Koolie breeder in some people's eyes is like finding a needle in a haystack. I like who I picked but it took some serious give and take (and lots of money) to find the right one.
She did welcome opinions with open arms and then made her decision from those opinions. Some people just weren't happy with her decision and continued to criticize her after the fact. They said their piece before, leave it at that. Nobody likes to be criticized.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Twin 2

Quote:
Yes...
Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
How do you know she wouldn't have been happy?? She had spoken to at least two people with his dogs (me and Linds), we are both extremely happy with these dogs. Have you met a dog from this breeder? Have you heard of them having health issues?

Funny part is, most the dog community sees right through people who belittle other breeders. You should be able to convince people how great your breeder is by just talking about that specific breeder, not going around bashing every other breeder. It really is just sad when people do that.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Not a Border Collie

To go after someone who has already put her name on a litter and been planning on getting a puppy for a year now is so terrible. It just makes me so incredibly sad. This wasn't an inexperienced dog owner asking for opinions on breeders. Devan is an intelligent dog owner who did the research, talked to dog owners, met some dogs and was sure in her decision. Do you feel proud you ran someone off not only her breeder, but the breed? It's disgusting, and people like this are fooling each other if they think they're helping the breed in any which way.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Devan, you are one of my favorite people on here and I'm so excited for you, and sorry you've been through this.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

I'm sorry Toller that some people just couldn't be happy with your choice. I think its pretty crummy that people have to belittle and harass other peoples choices. Makes me leary about sharing any information on a future puppy because of this. Its one thing to share information about a breeder and his dogs but its entirely different thing to continue to beat it into a person.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
& the Muttly Crew

The line between sharing information/concerns and harrassing someone is really not that fine. Too bad folks tend to ignore it anyway. I'm sorry you had to deal with the rabid mob, Toller, but very glad you were able to find a solution that will work out best for you.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm a bit confused, someone shared their (probably nasty and possibly unfounded) opinion of a breeder and this they alone are to blame for the puppy buyer pulling out? Was a gun involved? Last I checked we're all adults and it was the puppy buyers choice to buy what she felt was right.

I pulled out of a border staffie breeding right before Backup and it was due to my opinion of the breeder (unfortunately I found no alternatives either) and not the fault of some bully calling me names for buying a purpose bred sport mix.

I am sure it is hurtful that Van and many others knock the lack of health testing and, well I'm not in the know enough, whatever else, but surely we can't be blaming a puppy buyer backing out because of online harassment? If that we're the case that puppy buyer probably isn't what you want anyways, if they felt, in their hearts, this was the perfect dog and breed for them they wouldn't let someone online sway them.

Or am I missing the entire point?

PS, I really hope it's a Belgian(out of pure bias), I need baby photos and yet want nothing to do with another one myself, yet. lol

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I am sure it is hurtful that Van and many others knock the lack of health testing and, well I'm not in the know enough, whatever else, but surely we can't be blaming a puppy buyer backing out because of online harassment? If that we're the case that puppy buyer probably isn't what you want anyways, if they felt, in their hearts, this was the perfect dog and breed for them they wouldn't let someone online sway them.

Or am I missing the entire point?
You are missing the point. There is a lot more to it than simple not health testing (currently there are NO koolie breeders that health test). The point was that she made an educated decision and then was bullied for her decision. They had already told her all the bad stuff about the breeders, and she chose to against their opinions and was then harassed for it.

ETA: I am not knocking her at all for choosing not to get this puppy. I told her from the very beginning that it is a tough decision to make because of the moral ideals of breeding. I am happy that if she wasn't 100% with the decision that she backed out, however I'm very saddened that this is the why it came to be. I am very saddened by the divide in the c/koolie community and what that is going to end up doing to the breed that is just under development on this continent.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Professional Nerd

Curious, what reasons do the detractors give for avoiding the breeder your dogs came from?