Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post

Change of plans and puppy will not be a Koolie, but still a fairly similar sized breed. That's good to know though and I will check into things for sure and will talk with the breeder some more as well of course once I know whether puppy is coming in a few weeks or from her next planned litter.
Oh noes though I was wondering in what world Australia is a 5 hour flight LOL what breed?!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

The puppy also has to be able to comfortably stand up and turn around in the crate. According to air Canada, even my 7 lbs papillon isn't allowed to fly in the cabin because she's too tall when she stands up and her head touches the top of the carrier so she has to duck. She can still stand and turn but that's not ok. That's not considered comfortably enough...
Old 11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Oh noes though I was wondering in what world Australia is a 5 hour flight LOL what breed?!
Haha if Australia was a 5 hour flight I would have visited there a hundred times already! Always wanted to go.

You'll have to wait and see! I don't want to announce anything yet until I know for sure what's happening. :-)

It's a breed I've liked for a long time though. I remember when I was 10 or 11 I wrote this story in school about me and my future dog of this breed haha. Over the years I didn't think it would actually ever happen, as other breeds took my interest, but this is one that constantly keeps coming back and crossing my mind. I feel really good about the breed (and breeder) decision. Only one downside: it's a fluffy breed too and all I can think of is the now 8 furry grinch feet I am going to have to trim every month, and the now 4 fuzzy grinch ears I will have to tidy monthly also between Dance and puppy. But that's ok. Hair is pretty, even if it is a little extra time consuming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir View Post
The puppy also has to be able to comfortably stand up and turn around in the crate. According to air Canada, even my 7 lbs papillon isn't allowed to fly in the cabin because she's too tall when she stands up and her head touches the top of the carrier so she has to duck. She can still stand and turn but that's not ok. That's not considered comfortably enough...
Really? I would have thought most small dogs would be fine, but apparently not. Definitely lots to look into. I wonder if different airlines have different rules? Probably not though. Hopefully she'll be able to be small enough to fly in the cabin. We'll see. Lots to figure out!

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Change of plans and puppy will not be a Koolie, but still a fairly similar sized breed. That's good to know though and I will check into things for sure and will talk with the breeder some more as well of course once I know whether puppy is coming in a few weeks or from her next planned litter.
Aww. I was looking forward to Koolie pics but Ill be loving your new pup just as much

p.s Im also starting to understand your reasoning for changing your plans
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm All Ears

Belgian? Aussie? Border Collie?

I know, I'm being nosy. Secretly hoping for terv puppy pics. Cause Fran is providing the Aussie pics for now.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
What do they do if the puppy is crying or barking? I've always wondered that.
My puppy just slept through the entire transAtlantic flight. But having the breeder get the puppy used to a crate is probably very helpful. If you stick a puppy in crate that has never been in a crate, likely it's going to cry.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Merlie Girlie!

I am flying my new puppy home in January under my seat. I also fly very frequently with my small dog under my seat. The majority of the larger airports do have an area for pet potty but you must plan on a long wait between flights (or until your flight) because to get to the potty areas you need to go through security.
Once you are checked in, you can hang out wherever you want in/around the airport. Once you are through security you have to remain in the airport. I make sure to potty before hand. Tire and play with puppy before going through airport...yes the puppy will be okay, people fly puppies under seats all the time.
Yes, technically you cannot take your puppy out from under your seat but the majority of flight attendants are friendly and don't care if you sneak the puppy up for a little loving.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Belgian? Aussie? Border Collie?

I know, I'm being nosy. Secretly hoping for terv puppy pics. Cause Fran is providing the Aussie pics for now.

It's not one of the Aussie's from Fran's litter is it?!?!!

How cool would that be?!!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Or, is it a husky?!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Water Junkie

My money is on Aussie or Border Collie.

Since you won't satisfy our curiosity as to the new breed of choice, will you share what happened to Koolie plans? I'm sure that wasn't an easy decision to make, it seems like you were very ready for the new pup.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l