Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-23-2012, 04:31 PM
orange iguanas.

Bah, I missed out this year! I had to work at 7am but my plan was to go to the mall when it opened at midnight, then I could get a couple hours of shopping in, and still come home in time for a couple hours of sleep. Well we didn't get it coordinated well enough so that ended up not happening!

Not that I would have bought anything anyway. I just love shopping during the middle of the night. Totally fits my nocturnal lifestyle.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Hit Michaels first to pick up stuff to decorate my house. I also got a photo album for Payton (Auggie and Pepper both have their own so Pay needs his own too) and a bunch of stickers. A couple sketchbooks for my BIL.

Drove past JoAnn fabrics, the parking lot was insane so I didn't even park. Then to Gordmans, I walked in, the line was all the way around to shoes, so I walked back out.

I went to Target next and it was shockingly NOT as busy as it's always been... usually I don't do Target on BF, I wait until Saturday. It was like a busier than average Saturday but no huge line all the way down the front main aisle like usual. I got my mom seasons 1-4 of Psych on DVD... she's having foot surgery at the end of January so wants something to watch. I also bought Franklin & Bash season 1, that's for me but I thought she could watch it. I bought her one of the larger ELF eye shadow palettes, and a small one and two brushes for her stocking. Found Sherlock Holmes on DVD cheap so I went ahead and grabbed that for my dad, I think he'll enjoy it.

I also went slightly overboard because all the older seasons of The Office were only $8... so... I bought 1-7 for me. They are in boxes so I can open them at Christmas LOL. OH ME, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE. I only found 1-4 and 6-7 at Target, braved Best Buy to try and find season 5 (I CAN'T STOP NOW I'M ONLY MISSING ONE) and the parking lot was packed but hardly any line.

I went to the mall to see if Sephora had anything I really wanted to get anybody... I usually don't do the mall on Black Friday. Not horrible but definitely busy. I didn't get anything at the mall. =P Stopped at JoAnn's and saw they still had the Cricut machines, so I bought one, but I think I'm taking it back. Didn't really see any fleece I liked enough so I didn't even get fabric this year. Finally went to Gordman's at like 2:30, and of course all their "sales" were "doorbusters" until 1pm, so nothing was on sale anymore... I bought some good cheap dog toys.

Came home and hit Amazon for stuff I already knew I was going to get... bought a toy for Georgie, a toy for Henri, a book for my BIL, and giftcards for aunt, uncle, and cousin.

Combined with stuff I have been hoarding for months, my mom is done, my BIL is done, my sister is done (though I am knitting her something), aunt, uncle, and cousin are done now. I still want one more thing for my dad. I have one little thing for my other aunt and nothing at all for my grandma, so still some shopping to be done!

Usually my parents go out early with my aunt, I go out later when I wake up, then we meet for lunch and go out together in the afternoon, but they decided to go have lunch without me and didn't want to meet up for the afternoon. So I'm all upset and irritated now which sucks because this morning was great. I love getting gifts for people, especially stuff they don't know they're getting, so it made me happy. And now I'm bummed.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-23-2012, 06:09 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Frig I didn't even go near the malls or stores ... I have severe social anxiety & just the thought of those crowds makes me wig

Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Meh mine like my $15 dollar basic one!

Another thought would be if you can get them in the double stroller take them in that and shove things in the basket?
We sold the stroller over a year ago lol! It was handy at the time for sure!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM
We are Home.

We have one that I was given and I pulled it out for the first time yesterday when we took the kids to J's work because I was going to be crossing a road alone with them.

I have a feeling it will be given away here VERY soon though. I wear the baby and Morgan wont stay in the stroller LMAO.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Water Junkie

You really couldn't pay me to go to Walmart on black Friday. That place, no matter where, just attracts the crazies. I've never heard a positive story about Walmart on BF, honestly.

That being said, I do the whole BF madness at other stores. Most people, workers included, are generally friendly and happy to lend a hand or chat while in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I went to Target next and it was shockingly NOT as busy as it's always been... usually I don't do Target on BF, I wait until Saturday. It was like a busier than average Saturday but no huge line all the way down the front main aisle like usual.
Tis because Target opened at 9pm Thursday. At 9pm Thursday, the line was from the electronic section, to the pharmacy section, at which point they started weaving up and down the aisles.

Went back about 1AM this morning and Target was practically empty.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

I ended up going back to the feed store (with an empty backseat) and now have enough food to last (hopefully) until Christmas I think I may go pick up some raw for Nog tomorrow before their sale ends.

Think that's about it for my shopping, unless I do online Old Navy shopping for clothes for the boychild.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Oh it's really bad this year.

1. Canon 5D mk III body for my friend
2. 240 GB SSD replacement for my laptop
3. Lexar 32 GB 1000x cf card
4. Eye-if card 8 GB
5. SSD casing
6. Waterproof card holder

Other than the Canon camera that was on sale for 2499.99 which my friend will pay me for, I've spent 500 already on the other stuff!! Yikes!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:25 PM
orange iguanas.

Yeah I heard Target was not bad this morning at all. But I drove by at like 2pm this afternoon and it was PACKED. That afternoon rush!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM
swimming upstream

I say no thanks to BF shopping--I have gone in the past--but I do so much shopping online any more--is easy, I know it's in stock, and I have yet to be disappointed.
I did go out today....to the pottery place with my daughter and had her paint an ornament.