Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM
<--------Orson

Default The annual Black Friday shoppers haul thread!

What'd ya score, and how was your trip?

I scored:

2 6qt crock pots
2 sets of food storage containers
1 HP scanner/printer
1 TB external hard drive
2 8gb usb flash drives
1 SSD mini
2 gift boxes of ear rings
3 pair of gold/CZ studs
1 pair of house shoes
1 Timex men's watch
4 DVD movies

All for about $150! Yes, it WAS worth getting up at 3:30am.....I can sleep when I'm dead! LOL Kevin and my two youngest boys (13 & 16) went along to help strategize!

My trip was pretty uneventful except ONE RUDE LADY (not bad out of 3 stores!) ramming me with her cart to cut in front of me. I politely tapped her on the shoulder, told her she hit into me and couldn't cut in front.........the crowd around me also chimed saying her behavior wasn't cool and the lady left the area, LOL Otherwise a completely pleasant (albeit crowded) BF Trip!

Now lets hear about those deals and trips!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Professional Nerd

We got a Furby. I cheated and had my SIL pick it up while she was already out. Ha!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Top Dog

Okay, I'm about to lose face. I swore on that other thread that you couldn't pay me enough to go out on black Fri. Well, I'm not going out on Fri. But can you believe it? I went out on Thanksgiving night! My poor daughter. She was alone at my house while my ex and I went to meet my son who had been standing in line for a looooooong time at Walmart. This was all a spur of the moment decision. We didn't eat till something like 11:00 or later. Well, she did. We got the turkey done just before we had to leave. I felt so awful doing that to her. So, we're going to have an ongoing Thanksgiving today and make it more fun.

So, here's the thing: My son wanted a lap top and they had some pretty decent ones marked down to $179.00. And my ex wanted to buy it for his birthday or Xmas. You had to be there and they'd be sold at 10 pm. There were a limited number of them. So, there we stood for about 1-1/2 hours after my son had already stood there before us for a couple hours. It looked like we were the last to be able to get them and only one of us could get one, not all three of us as we wanted. Well, actually, by the time we got to the register, they had run out. So, the did have a few of another kind to replace those which they ran out of. And these were even better....more mega bites and so forth. They gave them to us at the same price the others would have been. It was only one per person, so we got two of them. I wanted one too. So, woo hoo. I can't believe I actually did that. But it was a heck of a deal....a $330.00 computer for $179.00. Not bad. It's my first lap top.

But OMG! The crowds. I can't believe I tolerated it so well. I really, really hate crowds like that. Unreal! But while we stood in line we chatted with a gal from Canada and some other people around. I was glad to not run into anyone too rude. One man was pushing his cart awfully close behind me which made me nervous. It even touched my back. It could have hurt if he had pushed any harder and I can't be sure what I'd do...maybe push in back into him. LOL. But not really because I'm not assertive enough probably. But all in all, people were all right.

Sounds like you got some good deals too Coop. Wow! I really can't see me doing that again though. It's ridiculous standing in line like that. Is it like that everywhere on Black Friday? Or is it mainly those big stores like Walmart. I mean....JC Penny has some good deals and that store isn't a problem to get to where I live....I don't think I'd run into a traffic problem, as there are some back roads and such.

Staf...You cheated all right! Glad you got what you were looking for though.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

Headed out to Sandusky to see what's still there. Targets usually good about restocking the DVDs.

Poor Chaz had to stand in line for the iPad and gift card for my moms Xmas gift last night cuz I had to work. His cousin grabbed us the blu ray player from another line. He said it was chaos and our Walmart is in the middle of nowhere.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

nice hauls

Didn't go out, won't be going out lol. I'm only looking for two things and I'm looking online for those over the weekend but even if I don't find a good deal it won't matter too much because they will still be free with all my gift cards I've earned lol. I did all my deal shopping throughout the year and paid next to nothing for everything anyway lol.

I'm looking for Princess Celestia (the pink one... Hannah decided she wants the pink one instead of the white one) and a starwars lego set... any of them for my nephew.

That reminds me. Do they make just generic lego sets anymore or are they all sets that are intended to be one specific thing? I hate those sets lol. I'd like to get Hannah a regular set of legos that just has a mix of different pieces that you can make into anything rather than a small sampling of pieces to make the thing on the box.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 AM
<--------Orson

Oh Staf you big CHEATER! LOL I understand though, one of the crock pots I picked up is for my mom who's ALSO a cheater! hahaha

Good score Dober! I hope you love your new laptop!

Good luck Joce!

I think I'm going to head out to Joann fabrics and probably Hobby Lobby (they are right next to each other) to score some fabric deals! Looks like Joann has FLEECE for 2.99yd and FLANNEL for 1.99yd and most other fabric 60% off! Gotta refuel with some Java and off I go again! LOL

EDIT: Yes they do sparks.........they're called Builder sets.
Here's a link to one.... http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ultimate-...ds=plain+legos
OOOOOOOOOO! and a PINK SET! LOL http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Bricks-Mo...ref=pd_sim_t_6

They do have various sets, different counts and pieces etc...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

THANK YOU Coop

I'm out of the lego loop lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 AM
We are Home.

I was suppossed to be getting diapers but SOMEONE forgot to put the cash in the bank so I can order them and they are almost gone. I have to wait until he gets off at 4ish to order.

Hes one dead male right now.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
THANK YOU Coop

I'm out of the lego loop lol
LOL, my kids LIVED on legos for quite a long time.........even now I catch the 16 year old getting into the bins (we have 4-5 HUGE plastic storage tubs---you know the kind at walmart with wheels on one end?) and playing for an afternoon........but Shhhhhhhh! Don't spead it around town, he's in 10th grade and I'm sure that isn't "cool" hahaha
Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I think I'm going to head out to Joann fabrics and probably Hobby Lobby (they are right next to each other) to score some fabric deals! Looks like Joann has FLEECE for 2.99yd and FLANNEL for 1.99yd and most other fabric 60% off! Gotta refuel with some Java and off I go again! LOL
Hmmm, wal-mart near me stopped selling fabric recently, and JoAnn's is EXPENSIVE. I might need some.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com