Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Thank you, yeah I worked 9-5 doing studio shoot and production plus events for over a year. That coupled with everything else and my hands already feel crappy, I'm planning on surgery for them eventually.

I have an entire portfolio of work that I rarely share, maybe I'll share some sometime, it's inspiring me (along with my mothers nagging) to start shooting again.
You should! I never knew you did that. Makes sense though, I always love your pictures.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Top Dog

I have a Sony Alpha DSLR that I love, but yes it is the lenses that really do the dirty work.

I sold my P&S after getting the SLR, but I kind of regret it. I'm glad I did so it forces me to use the SLR often, but I definitely don't take the SLR everywhere. I don't always feel comfortable and don't want to break it. Also sometimes I feel a little awkward pulling out this big camera, and they didn't let me bring it into a concert but it was OK for people with P&S cameras to do so. But I do love the quality of the photos.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Thanks for all of the responses!!! I really admire a lot of your pictures, which is why I figured this would be a good place to ask about cameras LOL. And also, most of my time spent taking photos is of dogs, so yeah. Makes sense

So I have decided on a Canon T3i. Picked it up last night. I have only been playing around with different lenses and the auto mode, but I'm so excited to sit down and read the manual/figure out how to do other stuff. Even on auto, pictures are WAY better than with my P&S. I think I will still use the P&S on occasion, as I'm not trying to take this nice camera to agility class in the dirt barn, but I'm so excited I have it

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)