Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Tina S.

Unhappy Help stop the Pit bull breed ban in Ontario! We need your help!

Please Sign the petition to stop the Pit bull breed ban in Ontario, We need as much people as possible and you can make a huge difference! I ask that you pass it onto friends...

http://www.petitiononline.com/newban2/petition.html

Thank You,
Tina
Old 10-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Save a life: Rescue

I signed it for you, miss tinaz.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Andy

i signed up too. thats not right to ban pitbulls
Old 10-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

You've got my signature. I think I am number 8342 or something like that....
Old 11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
agilitydobemom

I have a vitual kennel at ShowDog.com and I was just reading about the pitbull ban it never really struck me until I watched a video then the video brought back a bunch of childhood memories of my dads pitbulls anyways I signed the petition I was #12,somthing and I hope that helps I am also going to post some sites for people to see I will post a new thread so people will be more likely to look at it
Old 11-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Active Pup

Online petitions never work.
I signed anyway though. 12095 Signatures Total
Old 11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Active Pup

There will be a peaceful demonstration in Ottawa on November 28th to protest Bill 132. This legislation goes well beyond banning breeds and affects everyone.

It broadens the powers of police officers so that they can enter your home WITHOUT A WARRANT on the basis of a complaint from a neighbour and seize your dog. The may also shoot the dog if they feel they are in any danger.

It provides for fines for having a menancing dog but it fails to define menacing.

It fails to include a provision for aggressive behaviour, e.g. a bite, if the dog is provoked. That means that someone can beat or tease the dog unmercifully and if it reacts, you can be fined and your dog ordered put down.

It not only bans Pit Bulls, American Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Staffordshires but anything that looks like one.

If someone accuses you of having one of the banned breeds, you will have to defend yourself in court and try to prove that the dog's lineage. Consequently, if you had for instance a lab/boxer cross that looked pitty, you may have to defend yourself in court. In essence it is reverse onus, i.e. guilty until proven innocent.

There are many provisions in this legislation that many people are not aware of. It assaults all dog owners and their civil liberties.

For more information on the demonstration in Ottawa, please see www.nccpd.org.

Please crosspost widely.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Felurian

I'm hoping that this is going to be challenged in the Canadian equivalent of the Supreme Court.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Active Pup

Bill 132 passed second reading yesterday. However, the Bill has been referred to the Standing Committee on Legislative Assembly. This means that individuals and organizations will have an opportunity to present information and testimony why BSL does not work and present options that are more effective.

Organizations or individuals interested in presenting to the Committee must pre-book their appearance. The name and coordinates for the Committee Clerk is as follows:

Clerk: Douglas Arnott

[email protected]

Tel: (416) 325-3506

Fax: (416) 325-3505

TTY: (416) 325-3538

Those on the list will be contacted when the hearings commence. In addition, public hearings may be scheduled in various locations depending on the numbers in each geographical location.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Just signed up. Im number 14613.