Turkey

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
How do you do your herb butter? :) inquiring minds would like to know lol

do you use a metal spoon, wooden spoon?
I just soften some butter (try to get some good butter like Kerry Gold- yeah, the butter is not homemade, lol), and lightly sauté finely minced garlic in a bit of butter (you don't want it to brown). Usually about 2 cloves. Then just add herbs of your liking for a minute to the butter in the pan, I usually do parsley and green onion. Oh, I also add some salt. Mix it all up, spoon into a little bowl and let it set in the fridge. It's also veeeery delicious on warm bread or a steak :)

With the turkey, I use a metal spoon (I hold it so the back of the spoon is facing me). At the breast "edge" you can carefully slide it between the meat and the thick skin and carefully make your way up. You won't get underneath all the skin, but it still holds wonderful flavor :)

thehoundgirl

We don't usually use a recipe.. we just get a butter injecter and put some other stuff in it. We also put homemade stuffing inside the turkey before cooking. So good!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
A little late to the party, but I brine for 24 hours, then use a dry rub, a wet rub, some steeped spices/veggies in the cavity, injected and then in the smoker for about 12 to 14 hours.

Members online

No members online now.