Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Felurian

OMG! Doberluv, I can't stop giggling - next time you'll remember to just turn around instead of bending over! It could've been much, much worse though . . . hope it quits hurting very soon!

I just hope Shiva never decides to play that game -

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Puppy Dog

OUCH!!!

We all have our scars to bear. Mine is on my leg. When my dog was 9 months old I had her tied to a 150 foot line. Didn't want her to feel restricted. I got real good at jumping over the rope as she sped by. Things went well for 2 weeks, then my husband came home from a long business trip.

He takes one look at the step up I have and says "someones going to get very hurt here." Well I swear not even five minutes later Sunny (my dog) came running by at mock sped. I go to jump over the line, but my wonderful husband had been standing on the line. It was just enough of a dely for me to come back down and the rope to take me out.

That was about a year and a half ago. Now when people point at my scar and ask how I got it, I tell them that I lost at hop scotch of death.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Top Dog

oh katysdog, I have a burn mark on my leg like that (actually 2) from Brady's leash (the retractable one). But one scar is really prominent. It wrapped around my leg and he was playing with his Jenny and he took off after her. It looked like an actual burn. That was quite painful too! He is lucky he is so cute and sweet and furry, that is how he stays out of so much trouble. Those sweet eyes get me every time!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:58 AM

heeheehee, that Brady....a boy after my own heart! What a wonderful pup..full of energy!!! Hey....I've almost lost fingers when the leash has gotten wrapped somehow around them....then a quick move...OUCH!! So, we've all had the token bruises, bumps, broken lips (ok, bogolove...yours probably is the worst!) love with pain.......but those crazy pups are the funniest, are they not?!!
Old 01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Felurian

I thought I'd bought it the other night! I'd found a semi-comfy position on the old sectional and was kind of drifting in and out - I'd given up on watching TV since Charley was jumping back and forth between two programs (HATE THAT!!!) and had a headache from not saying anything about it.

You know that feeling you get when you're semi-conscious and you feel like someone's watching you? Yeah, that one. So I turn my head and look up, and see Shiva . . . standing on the back of the sofa . . . balancing and hanging her big head over so she can look straight into my face at a distance of about 4 inches.

The back of the old sectional's only about 3 inches wide. Not really wide enough to reliably support a giant like Shiva.

So she's tottering, legs shaking, ready to tumble right on top of me, head to head. I really, really don't want a concussion, so I roll off on the floor just as she loses her balance, falls head first, then continues her descent by means of a somersault off the seat and across my chest.

Of course, she's perfectly comfy laying there on the floor with her shoulders propped up on me! Kharma thought it was handy too, and actually moved from the front of the heater to come over and lick me in the face while Shiva had me pinned. Bimmer, being the practical soul he is, stayed in his spot behind Charley's legs and just peeked over and laughed at us.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Top Dog

Oh, many times I've woken up in the morning and make my way down the stairs, one eye opened mind you, and my two dogs are jumping up and down on the stairs, in and out of my legs trying to say good morning. Drives me nuts ! I'm surprised I haven't fallen down the stairs yet! I think my subconscious mind prepares itself and goes on overdrive. But, I have a bum knee that gives out quite easily and Sadie will forever be at my feet and at times, trying not to trample over her, I will blow it out. OUCHIE!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

My lip is driving me crazy. It is healing and has a scab, YUCK!

Debi - you are so right, Brady is FULL of energy. He played with Jenny last night and I forgot it had rained that morning. I am talking my white dog was completely brown. BATH TIME!!!!!! The water was brown. He was so funny to see though. I have never seen him that dirty! LOL!

Renee- that story was so funny!!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:56 AM

sorry, Renee....laughing here at that visual!!!!!!!!!

We have a loft bedroom..with the staircase being open entirely (except for one wall) OMG...how many times I've balanced our teacups (YIKES, HOT) while trying to go up the stairs with the dogs in my way..tea sloshing about...me getting burnt...LOL OK..just ANOTHER thing that causes pain with the furbabes!

OH bogolove..hope that lip heals soon...........eewww, the visual of the scab hahahaha All in love, tho...right? Hugs to Brady...geez, I just LOVE that guy! So, has anyone asked you 'what really happened?' heeheehee like I said..........TRY explaining................'no, it REALLY was the dog!'

Maybe we should all buy padding.........like as if we're playing hockey or something........heeheehee.............just to be with the dogs!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Yeah people have been looking at me crazy when I say it was the dog. I try to explain I have basically an 80 pound puppy. Maybe I will let them borrow him for a day and then they will understand. LOL!

I also almost got a black eye last night! Hubby and I were drying Brady off after his bath to rid him of all the brown mud in his fur and we were both bent over drying and drying so that he would not shake (we were afraid there may still be some mud on him somewhere) and my husbands elbow went right in my eye! He was like on no!!! I said you better hope that doesn't get black because people already looked at me crazy when the dog busted my lip. Luckily nothing came of it, nad it was really more like my eyeBROW that was elbowed. That would have been funny - a busted lip and a black eyebrow! LOL!

On the bright side the scab came off and my lip feels so much better. It was driving me crazy!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

Sounds very familiar! My dobe lurs everyone in with his sweet face and then he knocks you in the face with his big bony head! I always warn everyone not to bend down cuz he'll knock his head right into yours. It's happened to my poor mom more times than I can count.