Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Top Dog

I get them a special chew/bone for xmas day. But I hit all the stores on Boxing day and pick up all the xmas toys and treats at a huge discount. The dogs get REALLY excited, they know all the stuff in those bags is theirs. We remove all the tags etc and bag them up again. Then we dump all the stuff on the floor at the same time and watch as the dogs pick through it, choose a toy and stash it in their crate, race back and get another one. They might do trades afterwards but not often.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 AM
The DOG GUY

I think you cant go past quality bulk meat dog treats. but then again I might be biased. Merry Xmas all owners and dogs!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Top Dog

Yup! I know mom is getting him a new dog bed, not sure what I want to get him. We usually buy one of those pre-made stockings that are cheap with like 12 toys in them. Not sure if there is anything I'd rather get him at the moment. I've been thinking of maybe replacing the toy he had that you can put plastic bottles in, since it can continually be made interesting, but I wonder if he'll just wreck it again lol.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Show Dog

Those Bark Boxes look really cool, and they ship to Canada as well! There's also a referral program for those already getting them. Bookmarked the site, I'm thinking that would make a really neat gift.

Not only do I buy the dogs Christmas gifts, but they reciprocate! They're fantastic at online ordering books, amazing how they seem to just "know" what books I want to read. They're so special, how could I forget them at Christmastime?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'd love to get them new collars. I'm sick of buying Petsmart/pet store collars and being unsatisfied though. And I'm not sure I can quite afford an Ella's lead collar like I'm dreaming of lol! Depends how much it is when I get Chloe's teeth cleaned and have her spayed here pretty soon. I've been saving for that and if I have anything left over I will see. I may go with collar mania until I've saved more for Ella's lead.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Chihuahua Power!

The Barkboxes look interesting and I almost signed up for them last night. It's such a cool idea. I saw a lot of complaints, though, so I think I'm going to pass on it. If you signed up for them, let me know how they are!

My dogs have 2 toy boxes full of toys. It's insane. I usually buy them something a couple of times a month.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Top Dog

This year I'm getting them some new toys I think - I've been eyeing off some really neat tugs.

Last year I bought Abby some scent discrimination articles which of course she couldn't bring herself to get excited about at the time (lol had to train for that), but I did bake tuna fudge.

Grace, no matter what she gets, also gets a pig's ear. We wrap it the day before and place it under the tree. We've been doing this since she came home and she gets excited when we put the tree up and each time we add pressies. It's adorable.

Edit - atrocious spelling!

Last edited by Catsi; 11-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
The Barkboxes look interesting and I almost signed up for them last night. It's such a cool idea. I saw a lot of complaints, though, so I think I'm going to pass on it. If you signed up for them, let me know how they are!

My dogs have 2 toy boxes full of toys. It's insane. I usually buy them something a couple of times a month.
I'll do a video when I get my November box.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

My Mom buys the dogs stuff. Some years they get stockings to 'open' too. I get cards 'from' my pups on most holidays.. I buy stuff for them all the time though.

We have 4 full toy baskets and a bin in the basement to switch in and out with..

The crestie rescues have secret santa for their fosters. I have a foster pup in the states to buy for so he has some stuff that is his when he goes to his new home.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground