Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I signed up for barkbox, got a great deal on groupon

Every month they send you a box full of dog goodies! All made in the USA, specified by your dogs size.. treats, toys, chews and the like! So I figure christmas we will save our box to be opened on christmas morning

No idea what is in each box before you get it but here's an example
We've been getting bark box or a while!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My guys always get a little something... which usually turns into several somethings... I do stockings too. =P
BUT I buy stuff at Gordman's, TJ Maxx, and on clearance all year round and hoard it, then find it right before Christmas and go "oh yeah!" so they get some massively stuffed box of toys, haha. I bought some things just the other night at TJ Maxx for everybody in fact.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
We've been getting bark box or a while!
How do you like it? I'm really excited!! It's such a neat idea

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
How do you like it? I'm really excited!! It's such a neat idea
Some of them have been great nd some of them have been bad. I probably won't continue after my groupon price runs out.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I always get them a ton of things but then I cant wait until Christmas... so then I "have to" get them more

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Remember once upon a time seeing something similar to the barkboxes on etsy. Group of etsy members would all contribute an item from their shops for dog sample boxes, of course now I can't find it.

Dogs are sadly, getting nothing this year, unless they get stuff off their wishlist from family members.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
such sights to show you

Every day of the year is Christmas for these bozos... twice on Sundays.

But I usually use Christmas as an excuse to do or get something bigger, like replace all the dog beds or something. I haven't decided what I'm going to do this year, yet.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
You guys are supposed to tell me NOT to buy that ball! I've wanted to buy it for like the past 2 weeks now but have been able to control the urge lol. But I just know Christmas is going to be my excuse. It is a $30 ball!! Thank God I get a discount.
I tell you every time we work together to get the ball. You still haven't bought the ball!

Frodo seriously doesn't need anything. He gets crap ALL YEAR LONG! Since Whiskey has been here we have severely cut back on bully sticks/tracheas/other junk (solely because Frodo is a complete @ss and won't eat them because he's too busy guarding them from Whiskey who doesn't want them anyway!) and it's really made me realize how much money I waste on that crap all year when he is just FINE without them, lol. Now we keep one emergency bully stick in the house, and ocassionally I come home with a potato chew or something.

So I am planning on going to Dollar Tree and buying a couple stuffed animals that he can have a fantastic time unwrapping and then de-stuffing!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 AM
retriever crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
You guys are supposed to tell me NOT to buy that ball! I've wanted to buy it for like the past 2 weeks now but have been able to control the urge lol. But I just know Christmas is going to be my excuse. It is a $30 ball!! Thank God I get a discount.

It seems really durable without being... dangerous. lol. It's made with like, that canvas-y type material that Kong Wubbas are made with. I've thought about just buying a cheap soccer ball instead but I like this material + it has the little groove indent things so that they can actually get a good hold on it!
jealous that you get discount. if i worked at a dog store i simply wouldnt have any money. the furry butts will be getting some treats and i will probably buy one big toy for them to share(i mean fight over) and some smaller toys individually.

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12
Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Top Dog

My toy box is ridiculously full. Like ridiculous. The kennel outside stores a ridiculous amount of toys and agility equipment. And so is the cabinet for treats/grooming/health stuff. Like I have a whole cabinet...probably 4ftx3ft for dog 'stuff' other than toys. I have a hanger for collars and leashes that is bursting, and I have extras stashed away. Maybe some chew treats I could use...that's about it for this year. After Christmas is over I might do some leather collars for my three.