Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Depending on the lines, I've seen well bred GSDs for 800 to 1800.

I've never priced Dutchies, but assuming they're the same as Mals, I'm guessing there in the same price range, which is definitely what Hilly and Adrienne posted.

I've not really seriously priced Labradors, because I haven't found a breeder producing what I want except one and I don't remember who they were Leah posted them though. And I don't remember what they were charging.

Ozzys are free
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't really know because I didn't shop around. Juno was $1000. I do remember looking at classified ads just to see what was out there and I don't think I ever saw anything over $1k, but pretty sure none of those were reputable breeders soooo I don't think that counts.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Dalmatians range in price from $800 to $2,500.00. Depends on pet, show, co-ownership, on the location (the coastal states seem to be priced slightly higher) and the kennel name attached.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I've seen anywhere between 1,000-2500 for an Ibizan. The puppy I was planning to get was going to be priced at the further end of the spectrum and I would easily pay $2000-2500 for an Ibizan pup from certain breeders.

Mexidogs are priceless lol.

At some point I really want a Saluki and a Xoloitzcuintli... Not sure their price ranges.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

$400-$1,000 for a pup from working lines is average IMO. $1,000-$2,000 for show lines is about average. As for sport lines, I've seen anywhere from $500-$3,500. Yes, that $3,500 I quoted in the other thread was from a real breeder, and it's a sport breeder.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
$400-$1,000 for a pup from working lines is average IMO. $1,000-$2,000 for show lines is about average. As for sport lines, I've seen anywhere from $500-$3,500. Yes, that $3,500 I quoted in the other thread was from a real breeder, and it's a sport breeder.
That breeder wouldn't happen to be in California would they? There's a sport breeder in CA that I remember hearing had really high prices.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
At some point I really want a Saluki and a Xoloitzcuintli... Not sure their price ranges.
I don't know, but whenever I think of Xolos, I think of this one woman in my area who has them. I know her through agility, but she shows conformation too. She amuses me, because she never ever lets a dog go. She has a couple really homely dogs that are foster failures (mixed breeds that probably have some hairless breed in them) Then she had this dog she "borrowed" to make points for her Xolo in the breed ring, and wound up deciding to keep. She's like the Hotel California for dogs.

Anyway, the Xolos don't seem to hard to come by, just don't try getting one away from her!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Papillons- I think $1000-$1600 is pretty normal. I've seen some from decent breeders as low as $900 and high as $1800 for pet pups. Show pups in my experience start around $2000.
About this.

Cali was only $700 though, despite her mom being a Canadian show champion and her dad was an import from Slovakia.. she was also the breeder's favourite. But, the breeder was a bit older and was taking a break from breeding for awhile. She had produced nice dogs though, I had found a few on breeder websites like Braylor's and a few from the Maritimes.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
English Shepherds are cheap! I would venture to guess the "average" is $500-800. I have seen cheaper (actually quite a few in the 4 range, so maybe my estimate is high), and I'm sure there are more expensive out there.
I would agree with that. When I was looking at Berger Picards I was expecting to pay a pretty penny, but when I finally went with an English Shepherd the price became much, much lower. That $500-800 sounds about right.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Aussie Obssessed

If we are talking health tested titled breeders, usually between $500-$2500 depending on the purpose of the dog and whether it's for breeding or not for breeding.