Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Doggy Christmas

Who else buys holiday gifts for their dogs?

I'm most of the way done with my shopping for the dogs. I bought them each a toy or two that they'll really love, along with a few different types of treats. We always have them "open" their gifts on Christmas morning and they get super excited about all of their new fun things.

Technically, their big "present" is being able to go to a dog friendly cabin with us after Christmas. Haha.

I also shop for a couple of other dogs, and I'm almost done with them as well. I love shopping for pets

So... what are you getting for your dogs?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Yep. Everybody gets something for her.

I'll probably get some packages of this pheasant treat she LOVES in.

Harley's getting sandals/flip flops to hide. Ella will probably get some baby toy. Not sure about Ren. Shoelaces, possibly. I know all those sound really lame, but really, omg they'll love it

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
<--------Orson

Yup. Always. My hubby's parents and grandparents normally get a little something for our dog/s as well (and we get for their doggies too!)

As a matter of fact, I made myself sad doggie Christmas shopping....I ordered things for Orson, then clicked on Phoebe's sizes before I realized First Christmas in 12 years I'm not shopping for her....it's going to be hard enjoying Orson opening his gifts while missing her this year.

EIDT: I ordered Orson a Kong Wobbler, a new black Kong, and a hoodie sweatshirt. He also gets a stocking filled with edible treats
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Yep. Everybody gets something for her.

I'll probably get some packages of this pheasant treat she LOVES in.

Harley's getting sandals/flip flops to hide. Ella will probably get some baby toy. Not sure about Ren. Shoelaces, possibly. I know all those sound really lame, but really, omg they'll love it
The suggies will be getting a similar selection of toys. Barrel Full of Monkeys and some cat balls that jingle are on their list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Yup. Always. My hubby's parents and grandparents normally get a little something for our dog/s as well (and we get for their doggies too!)

As a matter of fact, I made myself sad doggie Christmas shopping....I ordered things for Orson, then clicked on Phoebe's sizes before I realized First Christmas in 12 years I'm not shopping for her....it's going to be hard enjoying Orson opening his gifts while missing her this year.

EIDT: I ordered Orson a Kong Wobbler, a new black Kong, and a hoodie sweatshirt. He also gets a stocking filled with edible treats
Awww I'm sorry, Coop. I miss Phoebe as well

It sounds like Orson is making out like a bandit! Mine would love their own stockings filled with treats!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

I try to. But every time I bring home something, it generally goes straight to Lucy immediately. She's currently nomming the rabbit stuffy I bought for "Christmas" last week when I saw it in Home Goods. Oops.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Zander gets presents often enough. If I specifically shopped for his Christmas, we'd be flat broke, nothing in savings. As it is, every paycheck(two weeks) he gets something from Petco and McDonalds.

(and every time this ritual commences, my husband makes a comment about why I think he's so fat. It's just some fries. Maybe a burger. Twice a month. That's not bad, is it?)
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Resident fainting goat

I signed up for barkbox, got a great deal on groupon

Every month they send you a box full of dog goodies! All made in the USA, specified by your dogs size.. treats, toys, chews and the like! So I figure christmas we will save our box to be opened on christmas morning

No idea what is in each box before you get it but here's an example
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh Rosey gets presents randomly pretty well every 2 weeks when I get paid xD She just needs stuff under the tree to unwrap.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I signed up for barkbox, got a great deal on groupon

Every month they send you a box full of dog goodies! All made in the USA, specified by your dogs size.. treats, toys, chews and the like! So I figure christmas we will save our box to be opened on christmas morning
So, I just Google'd that.

Thanks Fran. Now I'm signing up for a BarkBox every month. That's not a bad deal for ~$17 a month. Not to mention it supports a rescue group. Pretty sweet!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
So, I just Google'd that.

Thanks Fran. Now I'm signing up for a BarkBox every month. That's not a bad deal for ~$17 a month. Not to mention it supports a rescue group. Pretty sweet!
here $5 off your first month!
https://barkbox.com/r/tRRxHIafoM/

lol I'm so excited! It's a good cause and I love presents!