Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Zander sleeps until noon or later. We take a walk, have a training session that includes some exercise, he's happy and content most days. Sleeps more than anything else.

He's always willing to do something (as long as it isn't in the mornings), but for the most part he has a good off switch.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Top Dog

We don't do any morning exercise (besides a short walk on the 50' ft lead around our 3 acres for pottying). When I get home from work though we always do *something*. I honestly think if I lived in a neighborhood, I'd make an effort to do at least a 30 min walk in the morning before work, but since I don't ... it just doesn't happen.

He's really good in the mornings though (til about noon) ... I think because he was 'raised' that way. I was 18 and used to sleeping in, so I tried my best to get him trained to go BACK to sleep after waking up for a morning potty, lol. So he typically doesn't ask much of me until after noon or 1 ish. Then he gets annoying if he doesn't exercise.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

They are good about not harrassing me in the morning before I get up. Sometimes they will wrestle on me, but I'm usually awake and being lazy when they do that.
If Scout's hoping I'll wake up she does a squeaky yawn and stretch. Its pretty cute.

I work at noon, so if I'm really on the ball we will go for a good run at the cemetary on the hill or something. But working late means not going to bed until later, so yeah thats by no means consistent.

So usually they get taken out for a ramble around campus after I get off work at 9pm. Which I actually love because there are no squirrels that late and most of JQ Public is home in bed. Thats especially what I love about being out when the weather is too nasty for most people because we get super peaceful walkies.

And if I go somewhere for a while after that, I will usually take them out for another ramble when I get back. So not odd for me to be out around midnight with them. What can I say, night owl here.

Oh and because of my work schedule, all our lessons are in the am. 9:30 is usually when we do our private lesson with our trainer.

Summertime I work 9-4, so we usually go out after work. Just wherever sounds fun and/or doesn't have off leash dogs. Mostly the cemetary.

And when we go visit my mom they get a pasture ramble 1-3 times a day which equals insane amount of running and silliness. Its good times! They usually put themselves to bed in my room when the sun goes down and wake up to go out with my mom when she gets up really early... and then come back to bed until I get up.

Oh and they play together a lot too. Silly girls. I usually train each a little before work in the am.

The dogs are really quite easy, they just go with the flow. The **** cat on the other hand...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
overdogged

We play a little bit of indoor ball in the morning before I go to work, but that's as good as it gets in the morning. There's just no way I'm hauling my butt out of bed any earlier. I'm sorry.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Exercise in the evening when I get back. No time in the morning, also can't go out smelling like dog and covered in hair and mud lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Yeahhhh I'm not doing a walk in the morning while it's still dark

With my new job, they get some free time out back/in the house before I leave, then it's crate time until I get home. After that, though, we do walks, training, classes, whatever. And they are pretty much all out during that time, so by the time it's ready for me to go to bed, they are all usually passed out anyway

Weekends are harder, as I like to sleep in. Kimma is the worst about waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. She is getting better with age, but not really LOL. I'm hoping one day she will be lazy like the others and be able to just sleep when we're not busy, but I'm not holding my breath

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)